Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: GPRXT

  1. #1
    zerowake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gahanna
    Posts
    336

    GPRXT

    I have an 05 RXT (stock) that i would like to start a conversion project on. i know i have a lot of reading to do and intend to find most of my answers through existing threads. However, i notice everything is refered to as GPRXP, and i am not familiar with the differences in the RXP and RXT except for the length of the boat.

    Can i take my internals out and put in a GP12/1300 hull? will the conversion work the same way?

    Any advice or hints would be greatly appreciated.


  2. #2
    "Hustler" Inkaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,712
    +1
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by zerowake View Post
    I have an 05 RXT (stock) that i would like to start a conversion project on. i know i have a lot of reading to do and intend to find most of my answers through existing threads. However, i notice everything is refered to as GPRXP, and i am not familiar with the differences in the RXP and RXT except for the length of the boat.

    Can i take my internals out and put in a GP12/1300 hull? will the conversion work the same way?

    Any advice or hints would be greatly appreciated.

    Yes you can... The only real difference is going to be what you do for a drive shaft... FOr the Ted shaft you need an rxp shaft... Addicted makes a different set up that allows the use of the rxt shaft.. Read ALOT before you dive in... Good luck...

  3. #3
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,071
    +1
    790
    Also most guys with yamaha background like the quick trim, but the Seadoo boys use the VTS found on the RXP and not RXT's ( BUT T-X)
    But not a big deal at all as the yamaha trim is perfect!


    .

  4. #4
    zerowake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gahanna
    Posts
    336
    thanks for the help so far.. just deciding before summer or at the end...

    Fizzle has a hull i'm thinking of buying.

  5. #5
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Also most guys with yamaha background like the quick trim, but the Seadoo boys use the VTS found on the RXP and not RXT's ( BUT T-X)
    But not a big deal at all as the yamaha trim is perfect!


    .
    Agreed. I did the SD trim and it simply isnt worth all the effort.

  6. #6
    WE DONT DIAL 911 RDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LAKE TRAVIS
    Posts
    1,862
    did you get the ski? good luck.... we just started pulling an 05 rxt apart

  7. #7
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,071
    +1
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Agreed. I did the SD trim and it simply isnt worth all the effort.
    I like it, just because I wanted all the electrical stuff in the ski and to be different. I fabbed a thru hull fitting for the spacer and ultra blacked it to the hull to take care of the gap difference from the seadoo hull and the yamaha hull. After the ultra black dried it was easy to fit the trim in place. NO LEAKS.

  8. #8
    zerowake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gahanna
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    did you get the ski? good luck.... we just started pulling an 05 rxt apart

    not yet, my girlfriend is going to flip a lid! i am supposed to be saving to take her on vacation, and i just dumped a bunch of money into my gtx!

    if Fizzle still has his hull in a couple weeks i am going to make a road trip and buy it. I can't wait, should be fun.

  9. #9
    zerowake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gahanna
    Posts
    336
    I just made a deal with Fizzle!

    i will be picking up a 2000 GP hull this weekend. Road trip from Columbus Ohio to Albany NY!

    05 RXT SCIC is ready to be gutted. less than 50 hours on the motor so this should make for a reliable conversion

    I look forward to posting all of my progress, i guess this can now be my build thread! Keep the advice and tips comming!

  10. #10
    Devil's Cove Junkie G@V1N's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lake Travis-Austin, TX
    Posts
    27
    Very Nice! I too have an 05 rxt (gutted), going into my 2000 gpr hull. Keep us updated, I'm curious which route you choose to go with the driveshaft.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. GPRXT "ZERO" build
    By zerowake in forum Conversion PWC Performance Skis
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 04:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •