Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rear Surround Speakers?

Does anyone have any good reccomondations for some rear home theater speakers. I currently have Paradigm Monitor series "BOOKSHELF" rears. But they are too big, I'm wanting something that is smaller. I donít want to sacrafice sound though, but not looking to break the bank. I've broused around online, but want to see what the fellas might recommend. I did see some ORB's that look cool, and is the right size, anyone have any experience with them? I actually want something like a BOSE size, but not a BOSE price! Know what I mean!

+1
    Have you looked at Klipsch speakers?

+1
    Have all klipsch speakers and would recommend them very much.
    Rears I have now are rs-35 not sure if they are still made but I am sure they still make something comparable.

+1
    Check out the Energy speaker line. They are not too big I do not think
    http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...classic-review

http://www.energy-speakers.com/na-en/

I have Energy speakers and love them. Check out the reviews. I do not know if they are small enough for you though. Those speakers are very good also.

+1
    Back in 98, I bought a set of Klipsch surround speakers w/subwoofer for my then new computer. Had them shipped to me at work. We tested them in 1 corner of a 200,000 sq. ft. factory warehouse. At 1/2 volume (400 watts total) the guys in shipping back in the opposite corner said it sounded like a live concert. The CEO came out of his office to see where the loud music was coming from. They rock! The CEO was totally cool and started calling in requests from his office.

+1
    Klipsch rules, I love my system too...
    but I think Dubz is looking for something really small, those Bose cubes are teeny tiny little things...

Not tiny, .. Just smaller. I've got some bookshelves...But they are bulkey, and just pertrude from the wall too much. I'm trying to simplify, but not sacrafice sound. I'm not a BOSE (buy other sound equipment) fan at all, i'll never buy bose.....
    After looking around some more, the really tiny speakers are just WAY to expensive for what I want to pay!
    I did see the Paradigm ADP-390's.
    They are a bit smaller than my current setup, and I also like the Axiom's rear surround. I'm gonna visit the local HT shop, and see what they have. So far..If the Paradigm's are a good fit, I'll more than likely pick those up. THat way I stick to the same brand as my fronts, and towers.

Damm speakers are pricey!

Thx guys...

+1
    I have had an all Klipsch set and personally got rid of them to upgrade to Definitive technologies. Def Tech makes a range of speakers to suit your room size and budget and IMO are the best sounding bang for your buck speakers on the market. I'm not saying the Klipsch speakers are bad but they have a "tinny" and high sound whereas the Def Tech are deeper and more true.

+1
    LOL, well I think speakers comes down to personal preference, also the size and shape of the room, floor covering all can have an effect too...

My Klipsch towers are almost 40 inches tall with two 10 inch woofers in each so they don't sound tinny, in fact they will flat kick you out of the room. The thing I like about Klipsch is the ultra clean and crisp high end you get with the horns. My surrounds have three drivers facing three different angles, so they bounce sound in all directions around the room even on the ceiling. The effect is pretty amazing.

The ONLY thing I need is a sub to replace my old 15 inch Velodyne, I have narrowed it down to a few brands, (thanks for the tip on SVS Dubz and Voodoo) may be getting the SVS PB12-NSD, which fits my $600 price range and seems well made for a mid range solution:
    http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-pb12nsd.cfm

well...I'm a fool! I was doing more research today, for some reason I thought the price was for a PAIR..>Come to find out..It's for ONE! Sooo....I'm looking at other options....Such as possibly buying somme stands, and just making due with what I have..Its not like they are a POS, I think I can make the stand thing work though! Just gotta make sure its not for one!

All speakers are good in their own right! Its an investment, thats for sure. A GOOD pair will last you for MANY years though!

Yo..Hey, see if you can "DEMO" the SVS. Lots of HT forums, maybe join one, make a post if anyone in your area has that sub. Then, ask if you can hear it? I've seen that in the past..
    Keep in mind...Its a BIG sub. I'm not sure the deminsions of the one you want, but DAMMM mine is a HUGE cylinder! If you get it, I hope you like it! And if not, they may have a return option!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information