Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Talking 12 beers, 2 swolen hands, 1 pizza, and 8 hours later.....

I managed to get the Riva water box installed, through hull exhaust, IC relo bracket and new IC hoses hooked up to IC plus the skat bearing carrier installed. I HAD to stop at strapping down the IC to the new bracket.. my hands couldn't take any more.

Headed out to continue with IC relo instal. Then it's onto the next upgrades. Hoping to get his all finished up by Sat. night.

I searched for Riva water box- For what I read, mine went in pretty smoothly. It's always somthing though... I had a very stubborn T-bolt on the manifold... getting it off took an hour! And putting it back on took slightly longer. It seems that Riva should mention to put the T-bolt on the ex. manifold before sliping the waterbox in the hull.

Have any of you guys found that using mechanics gloves makes things harder when reaching in tight spaces or with anything else?? Thinking of buying a set today.... my hands are in very bad shape.. I don't do this everday.

+1
    LOL, welcome to the wonderful world of mechanic's. Wait until you have to do a clutch in 30 degree weather. Now we're talking fun! Good job on the mods. Bet you can't wait to go test and see what all that pain gained you. It just makes it that much sweeter.

Thx....

I couldn't imagine doing one mod at a time... I have the entire rear of the ski out. It would be nice to do one at a time just to see what each mod got you...

Clutch for a car?? Did that once in normal weather, by myself, on a 5.0 mustang. Drank a lot of tranny fluid that day since I was lifting the tranny by hand using my chest as a support... ahhhh the godd ol' days of doing things the hard way!

I just got my supercharger tool kit today, and my dial torque wrench yesterday.. .last thing I will be doing is pulling the charger and putting in the metal washers. I want to wait until all mods are in so I can see how easy / make any needed adjustments to take the charger out.

Yep.. can't wait to get out there. I've only ridden the x boat one time with only mod being modded stock intake grate... think I'll notice a difference??

Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    Have any of you guys found that using mechanics gloves makes things harder when reaching in tight spaces or with anything else?? Thinking of buying a set today.... my hands are in very bad shape.. I don't do this everday.
    Depends on the situation. If it's a small bolt that I'm feeling for and trying to unscrew by hand so I don't lose it under the engine the gloves come off. If I'm yanking on something you can bet your ass I'm wearing mechanics gloves. They saved my hands more than a few times today. When I first started wrenching I hated wearing gloves of any kind. Now I'm used to them and more often than not I wear them.

Ya.. I've always hated gloves but I just can't take it anymore... pic is just a very small part of the carnage.... LOL

Headed up to get some gloves and start again for the night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG3325.JPG 
Views:	232 
Size:	690.0 KB 
ID:	125567  

Does this look ok??

Water box exhaust to through hull connection....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG3327.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	714.8 KB 
ID:	125568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG3328.JPG 
Views:	177 
Size:	712.1 KB 
ID:	125569  

Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    I managed to get the Riva water box installed, through hull exhaust, IC relo bracket and new IC hoses hooked up to IC plus the skat bearing carrier installed. I HAD to stop at strapping down the IC to the new bracket.. my hands couldn't take any more.

Headed out to continue with IC relo instal. Then it's onto the next upgrades. Hoping to get his all finished up by Sat. night.

I searched for Riva water box- For what I read, mine went in pretty smoothly. It's always somthing though... I had a very stubborn T-bolt on the manifold... getting it off took an hour! And putting it back on took slightly longer. It seems that Riva should mention to put the T-bolt on the ex. manifold before sliping the waterbox in the hull.

Use Kevlar rubber dipped knitted gloves! Your hands do get chewed up! I will see if I can find a picture of them for you

+1
    It looks good to me although the nearer clamp looks a little crooked. As long as it doesn't leak, it don't matter. Good job. I'm sure you will feel better throttle response. I don't know about seat of the pants acceleration. You'll have to tell us. The ic relocation is supposed to increase boost up to a pound. I don't believe it but what do I know. That and the riva waterbox will boost hp and performance but I don't know by how much. Just doing the freeflow on mine made the throttle alot more crisp and responsive but that's about all it did. Are you going to remove the flame arrestor too? That combined with the ic relocation will increase boost at least .5 pounds. That's another 5 hp or more. Maybe even 1 pound.

Attachment 125577

I use these a lot! They can be machine washed and I use them for grinding metal and handling glass too!
    Last edited by Muddy River; 01-19-2010 at 10:37 PM.

Thx Muddy!!! Much appreciated!

I see you get those on EBAY... I had to have some NOW as I'm pulling another all nighter. I ran up to Harbor Freight, 2 blocks up the road from my house and grabbed a pair for now.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information