Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,847
    +1
    528

    Question R&D FZR performance engine kit

    Some thing I don't understand is how can R&D claim 8.5 psi of boost @7700 on there kit when they did not use the powershot with this kit. When the service manuel says "If the intake air pressure exceeds 145 kPa ( about 7psi) and the rpm's are above 7550 the throttle will be reduced till the boost is reduced to below 145 kpa( about 7 psi)" Things just don't add up to me. Something is not right here! From R&D web page---------------------------------------------- R&D FZR Performer Engine Kit
    Stock 67 mph @ 7600rpm
    R&D Performer Engine Kit 70-71 mph @ 7700 rpm / 8.5lbs boost @ 7700

    R&D Power Plenum Filter Pt# 200-01801
    R&D C1 Monster Wheel Pt# 612-25001
    R&D Intercooler CFM Kit Pt# 612-17999
    R&D Intercooler Cooling Kit Pt# 660-18000
    R&D 13/24 Pro Pitch Prop Pt# 132-01324

    Retail $1073.75

    The R&D FZR Performer Engine Kit was specifically developed to produce low end horsepower and increase top speed performance while maintaining 100% reliability using 91 octane pump gas and the stock ECU and fuel system. This kit delivers power and speed you are looking for, without difficult and expensive aftermarket ECU and valve train up-grades. The results are impressive, the increased boost pressure added by the popular R&D C1-11 Monster Compressor Wheel delivers improved acceleration and top speed performance. The Power Plenum Air filter ensures that a massive amount of unrestricted filtered air is delivered to the C1-11 Compressor Wheel. The R&D Power Core intake sleeve and Intercooler CFM Kit will allow the increased air flow and boost into the intake system with less restriction. The R&D Intercooler Cooling Kit adds cooling capability through more water flow to the OEM intercooler. Decreasing intake air temperature improves horsepower. The R&D 13/24 Pro Pitch prop is specifically designed to deliver maximum hook up while keeping increased RPM’s at safe and reliable levels.

    At R&D, reliability is always important. At our test center we have been developing and testing this kit for about 1 year. We felt it was time to prove the Performer Kits reliability. So we entered it in the 2009 Mark Hahn 300 Mile Endurance Race. The race conditions were grueling and continuous for 6 straight hours. We are proud to announce that not only did the Performer Kit finish the race, it also took first in class.

    If pump gas performance at an economic price is what you are in the market for, look no further. Dollar for dollar no other kit compares to the R&D Performer Engine kit.

    • 3-4 mph Speed Gain
    • 8.5 lbs boost @ 7700rpm
    • Endurance Race Tested
    • 30 Horsepower Gain
    • Dollar for Dollar Best Performance


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    melrose ma
    Posts
    411
    Hmmmmmmmm

  3. #3
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by petros the plumber View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm
    +1 good find

  4. #4
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    I think they are still catching up on a mistake in representation they made. Initially, there was no mention at all of using a PowerShot for C1, C3 and you would get the full designed boost supposedly. Then, all of a sudden the PowerShot eliminating the boost limiter for up to the C3 was released.

    Also, they were recommending a 13/25 Impellar with the C3-11 and that is why I paid $299.00 for one. Now, you no longer see that, I wonder why???

    Gee thanks, enjoy my money.

  5. #5
    wakeboardmuppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancashire, England, UK
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I think they are still catching up on a mistake in representation they made. Initially, there was no mention at all of using a PowerShot for C1, C3 and you would get the full designed boost supposedly. Then, all of a sudden the PowerShot eliminating the boost limiter for up to the C3 was released.

    Also, they were recommending a 13/25 Impellar with the C3-11 and that is why I paid $299.00 for one. Now, you no longer see that, I wonder why???

    Gee thanks, enjoy my money.
    At least you're getting some speed. I tested mine for the first time since getting the C3 wheel yesterday. I also bought the recommended 13/25. The prop did exactly what it said on the tin, 7400 revs. Speeds were pathetic though. Gonna have another go today, but it looks like I need the powershot to overcome the 13/25 prop and release some boost. Arghhh

    Haven't paid for the new shaft yet either!!!!

  6. #6
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeboardmuppet View Post
    it looks like I need the powershot to overcome the 13/25 prop and release some boost.
    You will need to have the powershot to see full boost out of the C3 supercharger impeller.

  7. #7
    wakeboardmuppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancashire, England, UK
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You will need to have the powershot to see full boost out of the C3 supercharger impeller.
    Could I have my original prop re-pitched for now, and if so, any recommendations? 13/23 or 13/24

    The ski ran 70.4 GPS at 7400rpm, 3/4 tank, salt water, 200lb rider, @ 0.6 bar (is that 7-8psi), and yes it porpoised a fair bit.
    Would a couple of washers at the front of the standard ride plate help any with the porpoising?

    And have you got any powershots lying around I could borrow for a while Jerry. I'm nearly bankrupt with the amount I've thrown at the ski recently

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,847
    +1
    528

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by wakeboardmuppet View Post
    Could I have my original prop re-pitched for now, and if so, any recommendations? 13/23 or 13/24

    The ski ran 70.4 GPS at 7400rpm, 3/4 tank, salt water, 200lb rider, @ 0.6 bar (is that 7-8psi), and yes it porpoised a fair bit.
    Would a couple of washers at the front of the standard ride plate help any with the porpoising?

    And have you got any powershots lying around I could borrow for a while Jerry. I'm nearly bankrupt with the amount I've thrown at the ski recently
    The oem prop is not responding to a repitch due to root angle and blade overlap! You MUST use a powrershot controler or aother brand of ecm to get the boost above 7psi and a good quality prop is also required in place of the oem one, Tommy Jordan

  9. #9
    wakeboardmuppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancashire, England, UK
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    The oem prop is not responding to a repitch due to root angle and blade overlap! You MUST use a powrershot controler or aother brand of ecm to get the boost above 7psi and a good quality prop is also required in place of the oem one, Tommy Jordan
    Thanks Tommy. There really isn't a cheap way around getting some OOmph out of these rascals. I'll hit the plastic.........again!

    I know it has been asked before, but is the powershot going to be redundant if Riva or R+D release an affordable ECU upgrade, or will we need both a boost by-pass (powershot)and rev limiter bypass.
    Basically, should I be patient and wait for one that will by pass both, or is it not possible to do that?

  10. #10
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeboardmuppet View Post
    Thanks Tommy. There really isn't a cheap way around getting some OOmph out of these rascals. I'll hit the plastic.........again!

    I know it has been asked before, but is the powershot going to be redundant if Riva or R+D release an affordable ECU upgrade, or will we need both a boost by-pass (powershot)and rev limiter bypass.
    Basically, should I be patient and wait for one that will by pass both, or is it not possible to do that?
    When RIVA and R&D releases their ECUs they will override the boost limiter and probably not re-cap it at 10 psi as the powershot does.

    Personally, I am holing out for an affordable ECU to be released. It will do everything the powershot does and a whole lot more, including raise the rev limiter.

    Quote Originally Posted by wakeboardmuppet View Post
    Would a couple of washers at the front of the standard ride plate help any with the porpoising?
    I think adding washers to the front of the plate (effectively adding angle to it) would only worsen the porpoising. I could be wrong. Hoping someone more knowledgeablethan I will chime in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Installing a Fizzle IC in FZR with engine cooling kit
    By prostocker in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 10:00 PM
  2. FS Riva Power Performance Filter Kit for Yamaha SHO/FZR/FZS
    By FtLaudBlkGT in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 05:57 PM
  3. Performance Engine
    By ph2ocraft in forum Polaris Tech Tips and Info
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 09:25 PM
  4. Calling All Performance Engine Builders
    By cbrich in forum Other Toys
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 08:35 PM
  5. BRP + Petronas will develop a high-performance engine family
    By SuperCharged in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •