Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kawasaki Warranty Issue

Just thought you should all know. My Ultra has been in and out of the shop for 2 years with GIO. It only worked right for 3 months total.

Kawi refuses to work on it because they identified me as a Greenhulk member who "modified his ski" ie tried to fix GIO.

KAWI HAS NOW VOIDED MY WARRANTY?
    Last edited by Blue 182; 04-14-2009 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Cool down

Smile

I wish you luck!!Seadoo has gotten away with the paint sprayed on oil lines causing the 93,94,some 95s to grenade the engine after sometimes only 2 or 3 yrs,of course then its out of warranty.I had a shop not seadoo affiliated but repaired over 400 or more 580 white motors and some 650 and 717,however when I showed all the oil lines I had kept that caused blown engines to a customer whose two just cratered,I was one who rebuilt them, they told him that had he brought it into seadoo dealership they would have warratied it.I know all the mechanics there and service manager haha!THey never warranteed one engine due to oil line failure because of paint attacking the oil line!!!They just tell customer its just thrown a rod bearing due to hard riding.SEadoo would have been banrupt if they had covered every doo motor that grenaded due to that white paint sprayed on oil lines,bad thing is they only oozed oil instead of breaking and causing a seize ,they just let over half of oil get to engine causing major wear and damage over a few month period!!!so good luck!And dont forget about yamaha and there 1200s with the shrinking oil lines due to cat,converter heat ,or the hard over lines that allowed them to work like a press pulling inner rear cylinder and center oil lines off after 2 to 4 yrs or 50+ hrs of use then bingo hard seize!!!oh and also dont forget the exhaust valves in the gpr 1200 and 800s that the pin slides out or lets valve drop into piston while engine is running,EVER HEAR OF WAVEEATER CLIPS(they solve that problem but hey they are not sold by yamaha.THere are quite a few things manufacturers should be sued for,if they were auto makers they would have done recalls,just remember the lemon laws dont apply to PWC like they do cars,you can buy a brand new PWC that trashes pump first ride due to factory defect and they dont replace the PWC they fiberglass the hull and put pump where it should be!# months after summers over you get it back maybe???AS I said GOOD LUCK FROM BTM OF MY HEART YOU'LL need it>Marvin

roleary
    Good luck Blue 182, i hope you stick it to those GI bastards. Let us know how it works out.

+1
    Last edited by Scott; 04-11-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Dont wanna share my into just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjetskey View Post
    ...THere are quite a few things manufacturers should be sued for,if they were auto makers they would have done recalls,just remember the lemon laws dont apply to PWC like they do cars...
    Yes, you are right. KAWI has told me many times they have no legal obligation under any lemon law. They have every right to sell you a lemon and you have no legal recourse.

Thats why I shall proceed under WA state consumer protection act that provides treble damages and injunctive relief, ie court order prohibiting the further use of false, misleading or deceptive statements to market or sell PWCs in the state of WA.

Please note: KAWI identified me as a Greenhulk subscriber, screen name Blue 182, read all my posts to determine whether I modified my ski in any way, shape or form.

Without ever calling me to discuss any matter, KAWI voided my warranty, based on my Greenhulk posts.

But I have never modified the engine or any other part that affects the durability of the ski.

Since you read all my posts, KAWI, read this:

You are hereby requested to preserve the following evidence:

1) Every complaint ever received from anyone anywhere in the world regarding gas in oil on 2007 Ultra;

2) Every memo, letter, report or any other document created by KAWI that analyzes consumer complaints regarding gas in oil in 2007 Ultra;

3) All documents explaining or relating to any change in design or construction of 2007, 2008 and 2009 Ultras;

4) All documents relating to KAWI's investigation of or response to any complaint of gas in oil on any Ultra sold anywhere in the world;

5) All documents relating to KAWI's official recommendation that 2007 Ultra only requires oil change every 50 hours;

6) All documents explaining or relating to any change in pistons or rings from 2007 to 2009 Ultras.

I spent a long time trying to fix my ski. Put on OCMS to try and fix gas in oil problem that makes 2007 Ultra a ticking time bomb because KAWI refused to acknowledge a problem ever existed.

My patience, my good faith efforts, my loyalty to the brand, means NOTHING to KAWI.

Thanks for wishing me luck guys. I may not be too swift with a wrench but I know something of total war and the court with jurisdiction over my claim is just down the street.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    Yes, you are right. KAWI has told me many times they have no legal obligation under any lemon law. They have every right to sell you a lemon and you have no legal recourse.

Thats why I shall proceed under WA state consumer protection act that provides treble damages and injunctive relief, ie court order prohibiting the further use of false, misleading or deceptive statements to market or sell PWCs in the state of WA.

Please note: KAWI identified me as a Greenhulk subscriber, screen name Blue 182, read all my posts to determine whether I modified my ski in any way, shape or form.

Without ever calling me to discuss any matter, KAWI voided my warranty, based on my Greenhulk posts.

But I have never modified the engine or any other part that affects the durability of the ski.

Since you read all my posts, KAWI, read this:

You are hereby requested to preserve the following evidence:

1) Every complaint ever received from anyone anywhere in the world regarding gas in oil on 2007 Ultra;

2) Every memo, letter, report or any other document created by KAWI that analyzes consumer complaints regarding gas in oil in 2007 Ultra;

3) All documents explaining or relating to any change in design or construction of 2007, 2008 and 2009 Ultras;

4) All documents relating to KAWI's investigation of or response to any complaint of gas in oil on any Ultra sold anywhere in the world;

5) All documents relating to KAWI's official recommendation that 2007 Ultra only requires oil change every 50 hours;

6) All documents explaining or relating to any change in pistons or rings from 2007 to 2009 Ultras.

I spent a long time trying to fix my ski. Put on OCMS to try and fix gas in oil problem that makes 2007 Ultra a ticking time bomb because KAWI refused to acknowledge a problem ever existed.

My patience, my good faith efforts, my loyalty to the brand, means NOTHING to KAWI.

Thanks for wishing me luck guys. I may not be too swift with a wrench but I know something of total war and the court with jurisdiction over my claim is just down the street.
    This is quite a shift in your position with Kawi. If I recall, you have been quite an ardent supporter of Kawi and had been skeptical of those taking on Kawi.

This may help:

See: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=36155&page=3

As an aside, I believe there is a posting from PWCFAN admitting that Kawi is aware of the GIO problem, see: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...8&postcount=32

7) All e-mails authored by Blue 182 that form the basis of your voiding of his warranty;

Any other document or thing that forms the basis of your voiding of Blue 182's warranty;

9) All advertisements whether print, radio or video, relating to your GOOD TIMES PROTECTION PLAN;

10) All consumer complaints relating in any way to warranty claims under GOOD TIMES PROTECTION PLAN

They have to prove with physical proof. Just because you wrote about it doesnt make it tangable.

I also dont know how they found out about your loggin name based to your warranty claim. Did you notify them of your membership and loggin name. How did they relate your legal name to your loggin name. They will have a hard time proving that one. Espcially since this site protects its members personal information.

Funny how things disapear on these sites too. Like we get these worms or vireses that eat up data in the funniest places and the wierdest threads. Seems to follow a perticular memeber and there post history. The oddiest thing I tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by rxpxseadog View Post
    This is quite a shift in your position with Kawi. If I recall, you have been quite an ardent supporter of Kawi and had been skeptical of those taking on Kawi.

This may help:

See: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=36155&page=3

As an aside, I believe there is a posting from PWCFAN admitting that Kawi is aware of the GIO problem, see: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...1&postcount=30

I believe GH has deleted David Armstrong's actual post.
    Yes rxpxsd, you are absolutely right. One of the reasons I am now bitter is because I have been an ardent fan. Ive spent many hours and my own money trying to fix the problem and have documented everything with the dealer. But in the end, I get screwed just the same by KAWI CORPORATE.

You are also right that I frequently discourage litigation on grounds of time and expense. But now there is a difference. They have crossed the line and I have the time, resources and ability to respond.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Yup, voided the wrong guy's warranty, especially for being so cool for so long.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information