2x 2004 Seadoo RXP. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. wisconsin_quat's Avatar

help me understand the cooling system and this diagram on our 4 tecs..

So correct me if i'm wrong but i'm just looking around at diagrams today in an attempt to learn how all the systems work on our skis and also get some idea of what things will cost as I break them

so we have a closed loop cooling system that uses the riding plates contact with water to indirectly cool the coolant circulating within right?

So when you hook up the hose in the back of the ski, does that water cycle through the j pipe and somehow through the motor as well? I'm not quite sure where hose #1 goes to in this diagram...

http://216.37.204.203/Seadoo_OEM/Sea...8&B=1&Action=O

Can someone give me a brief run down on flow? I'm particularly confused about the flush port flow and the hoses under the j pipe...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin_quat View Post
    So correct me if i'm wrong but i'm just looking around at diagrams today in an attempt to learn how all the systems work on our skis and also get some idea of what things will cost as I break them

so we have a closed loop cooling system that uses the riding plates contact with water to indirectly cool the coolant circulating within right?

Correct.

So when you hook up the hose in the back of the ski, does that water cycle through the j pipe and somehow through the motor as well? I'm not quite sure where hose #1 goes to in this diagram...

http://216.37.204.203/Seadoo_OEM/Sea...8&B=1&Action=O

Can someone give me a brief run down on flow? I'm particularly confused about the flush port flow and the hoses under the j pipe...
    The flush is only for the fresh water cooling that goes to the exhaust manifold thought the J-pipe and into the waterbox and gets exhausted with the exhaust.

2x 2004 Seadoo RXP. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. wisconsin_quat's Avatar
    so when the ski is in the water i assume its using the water that its in to cycle through the exhaust manifold and then through the j pipe then out through the water box and exhaust?

where is the water intake while the ski is in the water?

It's inside the pump. When the motor is running and the impeller is spinning, water is pumped through the intercooler then into the J-pipe then out the exhaust, that is unless the intercooler gets blocked because you're not using a filter... Ron

Banned User
    +1
    When it is on the hose, the water flows REVERSE to what it would when it is in the water. Normally the pump provides water via pressure to the IC forst, then tot he exhaust manifold, then to the waterbox, then out the hull...

When on the hose, the water flows in reverse, and eventually comes out the inlets of the pump. The water collects in the pump cavity and trickles down to the ground...

This is enough cooling to keep the motor cool while running it on the hose.......which should be for no longer than 5-10 minutes, as the carbon seal on the driveshaft is not being cooled/lubricated by the flow of water into the pump cavity...

But yea, the ride plate is just like the radiator on your car. but instead of air passing through, its water...

Thread Information