Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

do i need to change injectors ?

i have a 2007 gtx limited -- i started with a riva stage one kit --then added a greenwheel with steel washers and ceramic bearings ( Jerry did the work and did a great job ), worx sponsons , sc blow-off valve kit , intercooler water strainer , oil catch can , filled the ride plate holes , using amsoil --now i'm thinking of getting a intercooler to install if i do will i need to change the injectors ? and if so what size ? -- and concerning the aftermarket intercoolers has anyone tryed the fizzle xs intercooler ? i can buy a used rotax intercooler for $325 but i'm unable to check to see what shape it is in -- any input would be great -- and any ideas on what else i can do to tweak my ski with out opening up the motor would be great also --- won't be long before its time to get out on the bay -- been out twice but the water temp is still 59 degrees ( no wet suit -- and not getting one )

Many members on the forum have bought Fizzles intercooler package. It seems to be the best bang for the buck. Send him a PM if you have any questions or concerns. The biggest issue seems to be the connecting tubing which he has taken care of... Ron

+1
    Green wheel and IC should be fine with 42lb injectors.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Green wheel and IC should be fine with 42lb injectors.
    +1

i was asked a question where i could not give a valid answer to -- the question being " what if i installed a aftermarket intercooler and left the factory intercooler in place and ran the plumbing to both " only thing that came to mind was the water would be hot coming from the aftermarket intercooler going to the factory one -- am i on the right track ?

actually the factory intercooler is not as efficient with cooling as well as it is more restrictive so it is best to remove the factory intercooler, and use the aftermarket one solely.

+1
    You have to take your stock IC out and insatll the block off. If you dont you wont get the full effect of the external IC. The stock IC is restrictive

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    You have to take your stock IC out and insatll the block off. If you dont you wont get the full effect of the external IC. The stock IC is restrictive
    Exactly! You will not get the full efect of an external IC. It world be like trying to jog with only breathing thru your nose.

leave the stock inj and add a rrfpr

+1
    When removing the stock cooler for the block-off make sure you remove the inner seal near the throttle body or it will pass into the cylinder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG4633.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	125793  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information