Low Oil light F-12x

The other day we had our 05' F-12X with 94 hours out for the first time. We idled out of the no wake zone then took off and went near full throttle until it started beeping and the oil light came on. We then had it towed back to the dock and noticed the kill switch had broken off. We got it back on the trailer and started it some to flush it out but that is all, it seemed to run a little rough but I'm not sure.

Could the oil light just be low oil level? We tried to check it but we can't really warm the engine up but it did seem a little low.

Any help would be great we are on spring break right now and are down to one ski.

The oil sensors measure pressure, not level.

So any ideas on what could cause low oil pressure?

The oil light will come on if there is low oil pressure, along with the warning buzzer. Here is an excerpt from the owners manual. You may want to just change the oil, and add 4.5 quarts to have a fresh known level for a baseline. Check the hull for signs of leakage.
    Attached Files Attached Files

We added some oil and took it out for a test ride. It was running fine so I came back to the dock to get a cell phone in case it did die. Then when I re started it the light came on again. So we shut it off at took it out for one more test and it died while out there and I got towed in.

We're taking it back to the dealer because it is still under their 30 day warranty.

re oil

can you post what was wrong and what cured the problem as i have a similar proble thanks

+1
    I am now having the oil light come on and would like to get some input on how to resolve this. The light only came on when crashing into a wave with the throttle closed (rapid decelerating). It did it three times under the exact same situation.

Thread Information