Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Still only 7.3 psi boost -Edit (Resolved)-

Well, i used some carb cleaner under vacuum and found nothing on the intake. Took the intake off from the S/C to the throttle body and found nothing. The wheel on the S/C still spins one way only (thank God).

I have a Pet 2100 on the way to get some accurate tach readings. Also, all of my impellars new and from Impros (FINALLY, said they were shipping 4/10) should be home this week or so.
    Nothing is happening until this boost issue is resolved. The type 19 I/C is still working very well. Thinking of putting a sticker of a mouse on the pump to help out
    Last edited by SHOBiz; 05-06-2009 at 09:49 PM.

do u have the powershot on your ski

Quote Originally Posted by bm27 View Post
    do u have the powershot on your ski

Yes, and a C3 - before PS=7.3psi. After PS=7.3psi

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post

WTF

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    pERHAPS SOMETHING IS NOT HOOKED UP CORRECTLY and, as a result, ur seeing the exact same numbers. Sounds like the ECU is pulling that throttle blade closed and ur not seeing the effect of the Powershot......

Still should see higher boost for a sec or two?

I think that it is a impeller issue...when I had the stock impeller I saw 9.7lbs of boost and about 8 when I put the new impeller in.

Quote Originally Posted by allstar71 View Post
    Still should see higher boost for a sec or two?

I think that it is a impeller issue...when I had the stock impeller I saw 9.7lbs of boost and about 8 when I put the new impeller in.

Well in that case I'm putting the stocker back in LOL (not)

I think (hope) it is the prop as well. Jerry can run a 13/25 on his FZ, but that tunnel among other things is different than on a SHO. Just wish RD hadn't recommended the 13/25... ticks me off.

After Wednesday the weather (supposedly) goes to crap here for a few days. Hoping the 13/24 will get here before then. If I do not get the Pet 2100 before then I think I can rig up something on the logger to get 1 cylinder's RPM and then just multiply by 4 for the rpm I have now. Still no inductive clamp from Innovate yet.

I've even checked my coils, did you know you can unplug one and you will not get a trouble code at all? Not as smart as I would like...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    pERHAPS SOMETHING IS NOT HOOKED UP CORRECTLY and, as a result, ur seeing the exact same numbers. Sounds like the ECU is pulling that throttle blade closed and ur not seeing the effect of the Powershot......
    This is also what was on my mind. SHOBiz, have you double checked all the wiring for the powershot and make sure everything is making good contact? Not trying to insult your mechanical abilities, just sayin, anything is possible.

+1
    Well in that case I'm putting the stocker back in LOL (not)

I think (hope) it is the prop as well. Jerry can run a 13/25 on his FZ, but that tunnel among other things is different than on a SHO. Just wish RD hadn't recommended the 13/25... ticks me off.

After Wednesday the weather (supposedly) goes to crap here for a few days. Hoping the 13/24 will get here before then. If I do not get the Pet 2100 before then I think I can rig up something on the logger to get 1 cylinder's RPM and then just multiply by 4 for the rpm I have now. Still no inductive clamp from Innovate yet.

I've even checked my coils, did you know you can unplug one and you will not get a trouble code at all? Not as smart as I would like...
    If you hook the PET up to 1 cylinder and set it on the 1 cylinder setting it will be accurate as long as you hook it to the front coil and dont cross the wire over any other coils. No need to multipy!

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    This is also what was on my mind. SHOBiz, have you double checked all the wiring for the powershot and make sure everything is making good contact? Not trying to insult your mechanical abilities, just sayin, anything is possible.

Not an insult at all. I am capable of making some of the dumbest mistakes. I have double checked it and didn't find anything. Even re-read the instructions . I think the PS is doing the job as far as the boost limit as I no longer notice the drop after I hit the boost limit from the OEM ECU.

BTW, 7.1psi before the PS and 7.3psi after the PS may be more accurate!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information