Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where did the water come from ?????

I took my RXP out today for the first time in a few months. I removed all the old gas from the tank, Replaced my plugs with new ones, and my battery was fully charged and ready to go. I started the ski a few times during the week and everything seemed fine.
    Today I go out and as soon as I get out of the NO WAKE ZONE, i start to pick up a bit of speed and I notice it start sputtering a bit, but I figured it would clear out or maybe it was one of the new plugs wasnt pushed in all the way or something.
    I pulled back in to the dock and noticed the oil in the dipstick was white as if water was mixed with the oil.

After several attempts to get it to run correctly, The last time out it just didnt fire back up. I tried to start it at home and nothing...
    I started to drain all the oil and I noticed my catch can had overflowed and created a mess in my hull!!
    I drained everything and I'm now going through my second oil change.
    Where the hell did the water come from ?? The oil was brand new at home. Where should I start to look for my problem ??
    My last time out (few months ago) the ski was running really hard and pulled like a train. 80+ mph

+1
    Maybe the intercooler?

Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    I took my RXP out today for the first time in a few months. I removed all the old gas from the tank, Replaced my plugs with new ones, and my battery was fully charged and ready to go. I started the ski a few times during the week and everything seemed fine.
    Today I go out and as soon as I get out of the NO WAKE ZONE, i start to pick up a bit of speed and I notice it start sputtering a bit, but I figured it would clear out or maybe it was one of the new plugs wasnt pushed in all the way or something.
    I pulled back in to the dock and noticed the oil in the dipstick was white as if water was mixed with the oil.

After several attempts to get it to run correctly, The last time out it just didnt fire back up. I tried to start it at home and nothing...
    I started to drain all the oil and I noticed my catch can had overflowed and created a mess in my hull!!
    I drained everything and I'm now going through my second oil change.
    Where the hell did the water come from ?? The oil was brand new at home. Where should I start to look for my problem ??
    My last time out (few months ago) the ski was running really hard and pulled like a train. 80+ mph
    i would say maybe a head gasket! or maybe you had a lot of condisation?

take ur plugs out and gap them to 3.0 i think it is when i took my ski of the showroom floor it did this and this is what fixed mine. But i also over filled my oil and it always does this when i take off at first but then it goes away so try both things oil and plug gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer0314 View Post
    take ur plugs out and gap them to 3.0 i think it is when i took my ski of the showroom floor it did this and this is what fixed mine. But i also over filled my oil and it always does this when i take off at first but then it goes away so try both things oil and plug gaps.
    the gap is 0.30

what are other symptoms of a head gasket ? Would I have the milky oil in the water reservoir tank ? What could of cause this to happen when the ski was running just fine the last time I put it away.

Quote Originally Posted by busa504 View Post
    i would say maybe a head gasket! or maybe you had a lot of condisation?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    the gap is 0.30
    Probably more like .030"

+1
    If your intercooler rusted out it could cause this. Or else the head gasket blew during 1 of your runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer0314 View Post
    Alright being a machinist I can't let this go.
    3.0= 3 inches
    the gap is 0.30
    Getting closer but
    .300= about the thickness of a good pen

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Probably more like .030"
    Finally some good decimal usage! .030
    If this was money no one would confuse $3. to
    30 cents to 3 cents.
    Just teasing everyone but I still can't help with the milkshake oil.Whether its just water or antifreeze?

hahahaha my bad i just went back and noticed it you guys corrected me and know what i meant damn i look like a dumbass. lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information