Sea Doo 230 Wake

I have a 2008 sea doo 230 wake, this boat has two 215Hp 4-tec engines, it is hard to find the right upgrade parts for it, I piggy backed on the RXP performance parts and made some modifications, I need to get some advice on the impeller combination to use with my setup.
    So here goes.
    I have changed the SC impeller to a RIVA stage2 impeller good for about 9-Psi, I added the Riva intercoolers and blow off valve kits, and I tried to do the air intake from RXP, that one does not fit, I had to stick with the stock one, I did however replaced the filter with the RIVA high flow filter, on the prop side I have a 15/20 SOLAS impeller, all this had given me a increase in speed of approx 5-7mph the boat was GPS tested as stock at 56Mph Avg speed over 2 mi. and max spped bursts of up to 65.5 mph, Now runs at about 61-63mph avg. and max speed burst of about 70.3mph.
    My first question is related to the air intake, the RXP setup requires the removal of the Mass air flow sensor and repositioning in a different location, since I had to leave the stock setup I had to leave the mass air flow sensor in its place, does this make the engine run rich, if yes what do you recomend?
    Second question is related to the Blow off valve, since I installed the valve and I had the vaccum hose fitted to the air manifold as the instruction provided with the kit, the BOV lets air escape from the tube constantly, I amnot sure if this acually happens at high RPM as well but it seems odd that the valve lets off air at idle, is this normal?
    Last question is regarding the impeller, I want to know how does the impeller affect my top spped and if I was to gain top speed what combination of impeller will give me the most speed for my current setup?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alin 230 Wake View Post
    I have a 2008 sea doo 230 wake, this boat has two 215Hp 4-tec engines, it is hard to find the right upgrade parts for it, I piggy backed on the RXP performance parts and made some modifications, I need to get some advice on the impeller combination to use with my setup.
    So here goes.
    I have changed the SC impeller to a RIVA stage2 impeller good for about 9-Psi, I added the Riva intercoolers and blow off valve kits, and I tried to do the air intake from RXP, that one does not fit, I had to stick with the stock one, I did however replaced the filter with the RIVA high flow filter, on the prop side I have a 15/20 SOLAS impeller, all this had given me a increase in speed of approx 5-7mph the boat was GPS tested as stock at 56Mph Avg speed over 2 mi. and max spped bursts of up to 65.5 mph, Now runs at about 61-63mph avg. and max speed burst of about 70.3mph.
    My first question is related to the air intake, the RXP setup requires the removal of the Mass air flow sensor and repositioning in a different location, since I had to leave the stock setup I had to leave the mass air flow sensor in its place, does this make the engine run rich, if yes what do you recomend?
    Second question is related to the Blow off valve, since I installed the valve and I had the vaccum hose fitted to the air manifold as the instruction provided with the kit, the BOV lets air escape from the tube constantly, I amnot sure if this acually happens at high RPM as well but it seems odd that the valve lets off air at idle, is this normal?
    Last question is regarding the impeller, I want to know how does the impeller affect my top spped and if I was to gain top speed what combination of impeller will give me the most speed for my current setup?
    Wel first off welcome to the forumn.

The first thing I would do is ditch the riva blow off valves, they are known to leak. It is normal for them to vent at idle but you ar prob losing a little boost out of them.

Im running a BOV but it is a turbosmart piece, it was nearly 200 pounds for the BOV alone. The riva 1s are not so good. Are you monitoring your boost??

Then for the air intake, The 4 tec platform to my knowledge does not use a mass air meter so im not sure what exactly you are looking at, I think that you could be refering to the power regulator (black box with wires coming out of it) that sits in the air intake to keep it cool. I and many others have just left this in the air intake and not moved it when fitting an air intake. If you want to move it then you can just make a bracket to bolt it some place else.

If it were me i would make up 4 inch intakes to both SCs and either get them to fresh air or an area of the hull that has a good supply of fresh air. Do a search using the search button above and look for kanaflex or 4 inch air. Do a bit of reading and you will learn how to do the intake. Its easyer, cheaper and will give more power than the riva piece.

With your impeller you want to make sure that you are turning perfect WOT (wide open throttle) RPM I think that the boats run at the same 8100 as the skis. If you have any more that 8150 then you are hitting the soft limiter and are losing top speed. In this case you need to add pitch to the prop. You can do this yourself but in my opinion it is a job better left to the pros. Idealy you want the engine to sit bang on 8100. The prop you have is just fine but it may want tweeking for best speed.

Also if you are looking for top speed then get under your boat and fill any holes to make it smoth as possible. On the skis alot of people fill the ride plate holes which is supposed to be good for .5-1mph.

My last bit of advice is read lots on here, You can apply alsmost everything that goes into the RXP-RXT platforms to your boat with a little thought.

Hope that helps R88

[quote=R88ory RXP;1021116]Wel first off welcome to the forumn.

The first thing I would do is ditch the riva blow off valves, they are known to leak. It is normal for them to vent at idle but you ar prob losing a little boost out of them.

Im running a BOV but it is a turbosmart piece, it was nearly 200 pounds for the BOV alone. The riva 1s are not so good. Are you monitoring your boost??

+1
    BOVs can leak valuable boost. you definately want a boost gauge to be able to monitor that. with the vortec wheel and powercoolers you should be pushing 9-9.5 lbs (i beleive). Leaking can also come from the couplers on the IC.

I'm not sure how much room you have as i have never seen the engine compartment on that boat, but you may want to look into a 4" intake. search the Kanaflex threads. they are cheap and easy to fab up and install and provide more cool air flow to the SC. Check out Danny's flow bench results. the RIVA intakes have a protective cover over the filter which is proven to be restrictive.

Thread Information