Riva Rear Exhaust Help!

I am buying the riva pro waterbox

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=987

and also buying the rear outlet kit

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=552

but DO NOT want to get rid of my OPAS, so has anyone done this mod around the OPASS, there is an itch in my body telling me to not get rid of the OPAS for some damn reason and I wanna stay that way, so can anyone give me so detailed picture of the rear exhaust with OPAS still on. Or advice on how I can go about this task.
    Thanks

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer0314 View Post
    I am buying the riva pro waterbox

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=987

and also buying the rear outlet kit

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=552

but DO NOT want to get rid of my OPAS, so has anyone done this mod around the OPASS, there is an itch in my body telling me to not get rid of the OPAS for some damn reason and I wanna stay that way, so can anyone give me so detailed picture of the rear exhaust with OPAS still on. Or advice on how I can go about this task.
    Thanks
    Trash the OPAS... It isn't worth keeping!!! You can make it work with it... but your going to have to have the box outlet pipe modified to be about 2" higher. And good luck with the rear coupler

i am just saying its also another hundred bucks..but i mean i have a question does the opas only work when going slow?
    Cause would only like it if i was pulling a skier to keep the ski from pulling when they cut out

i am just saying its also another hundred bucks..but i mean i have a question does the opas only work when going slow?
    Cause would only like it if i was pulling a skier to keep the ski from pulling when they cut out

the OPAS only works when OFF POWER. OPAS= off power assisted steering. It is helpful for guiding the boat at super slow speeds when docking. I have removed mine and not even noticed the differance when docking. I have actually noticed more responsive handling at high speeds (probably due to less drag). If you have experience manuvering your craft the OPAS is worhtless and will only make your rear exhaust a bigger pain in the ass to install! get rid of it IMO.

ok well you talked me into removing them just disappointed that something so small cost a 100 and gets no use at all lol....oh well

I really noticed that getting rid of the opas, also eliminated the "shimmy" when you let off the gas and the flippers drop down into the water.

this may be what your talking about but when im doing WOT at 65 mph the back of the ski swerves and when it is slowing downand twice has it almost made me eat shit everywhere

ok well you talked me into removing them just disappointed that something so small cost a 100 and gets no use at all lol....oh well
    the steering will actually feel smoother and you will notice a big improvment in handling. i removed mine and went back and rode the same ski with the opas and there is no comparison.

big bonus is the rear exhaust will bolt right in with no mods if you remove the opas

+1
    dude, there were 2 used block-off sets for sale last week one for $40 and the other for $50

Thread Information