+1

can i leave the stk fpr and just add a turbosmart rrfpr?

On the rxp, i see the gas tank pump pushes fuel to the regulator on top of the tank. Lets say the pump is capable of 100psi.

Then the regulator regulates that down to about 58psi and flows fuel to the fuel rail which supplies the fuel injectors and they pulse the fuel into the cylinders at just the right time.

There is no fuel return.
    ---------

This is different than what i've seen before.

On my turbo honda and other engines, the pump flows fuel into the fuel rail at say 100psi with no restriction...then the regulator at the end of the fuel rail lowers pressure in the rail/line in front of it by releasing fuel into the return line at a rate to lower pressure in the whole system to say 58psi (for apples to apples).
    ----------

So if i put an rrfpr on the honda, it would be after the stock regulator(or in place of), on the return line, in order to control how much fuel is allowed out of the rail to control volume(and hence pressure).

But if i put the rrfpr on the rxp, it goes before the the rail..i could, i think leave the stock fpr on and let the turbosmart control pressure increase...but that would be pressure before the rrpfr.

I realize the rrfpr would also control pressure AFTER the rrfpr and into the fuel rail but ONLY because the fuel rail is blocked at the end and there is no return line.

We go ahead and replace the stock fpr because the rude rrfpr has the fitting and everything already integrated..a nice setup.

--------------------------------

My question is , what if i left the stock fpr, and just put a turbosmart rrfpr in the line at the front of the fuel rail? Would it work the same?
    I dont want to limit anyone's sales,just have a reason i wont go into now that i'd like to have the option of leaving the stock fpr in place.

Need some opinions pls.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    On the rxp, i see the gas tank pump pushes fuel to the regulator on top of the tank. Lets say the pump is capable of 100psi.

Then the regulator regulates that down to about 58psi and flows fuel to the fuel rail which supplies the fuel injectors and they pulse the fuel into the cylinders at just the right time.

There is no fuel return.
    ---------

This is different than what i've seen before.

On my turbo honda and other engines, the pump flows fuel into the fuel rail at say 100psi with no restriction...then the regulator at the end of the fuel rail lowers pressure in the rail/line in front of it by releasing fuel into the return line at a rate to lower pressure in the whole system to say 58psi (for apples to apples).
    ----------

So if i put an rrfpr on the honda, it would be after the stock regulator(or in place of), on the return line, in order to control how much fuel is allowed out of the rail to control volume(and hence pressure).

But if i put the rrfpr on the rxp, it goes before the the rail..i could, i think leave the stock fpr on and let the turbosmart control pressure increase...but that would be pressure before the rrpfr.

I realize the rrfpr would also control pressure AFTER the rrfpr and into the fuel rail but ONLY because the fuel rail is blocked at the end and there is no return line.

We go ahead and replace the stock fpr because the rude rrfpr has the fitting and everything already integrated..a nice setup.

--------------------------------

My question is , what if i left the stock fpr, and just put a turbosmart rrfpr in the line at the front of the fuel rail? Would it work the same?
    I dont want to limit anyone's sales,just have a reason i wont go into now that i'd like to have the option of leaving the stock fpr in place.

Need some opinions pls.
    It does have a return in the stock reg that bleeds off pressure back to the tank.

+1
    Since the stock fpr limits the rail pressure to 58 psi, no regulator beyond that can get more pressure. You would have to bypass the internal regulator somehow, or set it up to a much higher pressure to do what you are saying.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Since the stock fpr limits the rail pressure to 58 psi, no regulator beyond that can get more pressure. You would have to bypass the internal regulator somehow, or set it up to a much higher pressure to do what you are saying.
    +1. You would need to intercept the fuel return from the stock reg. Your better off buying a tank adapter and getting rid of the stock reg .

Thread Information