Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Factory Defect - SHO??

Hey guys, the pump housing on my SHO (48hrs) just cracked day before last. Water started fillin my hull, luckily caught it in time. I know of a couple other guys down here have had same problem with their SHO's. Anyone else?? Apparently this same sort of problem had occurred before with the GPR's and Yamaha had to repair them as it was clearly a factory defect.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar

Sry to hear this man....but if you could send some pics it would help a ton.

Jorge (305coco) took Shodude's hull and is working on pump tunnel reinforcements for the SHO as we speak........looks like hes gonna need to make alot of em......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by caymansho View Post
    Hey guys, the pump housing on my SHO (48hrs) just cracked day before last. Water started fillin my hull, luckily caught it in time. I know of a couple other guys down here have had same problem with their SHO's. Anyone else?? Apparently this same sort of problem had occurred before with the GPR's and Yamaha had to repair them as it was clearly a factory defect.
    What level of mods do you have?

Ya RIP, if it hasn't happened to you (or any of you other guys yet), watch out!! Especially if u r running waves like we do. I think the constant on/off hookup is creating a tremendous pressure on the pump walls that it obviously cannot handle. I'll try get pics for ya later but left SHO up at WesTec for DP too look at.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    What level of mods do you have?
    See RIP's 'SHO Database'

Ya RIP, if it hasn't happened to you (or any of you other guys yet), watch out!! Especially if u r running waves like we do. I think the constant on/off hookup is creating a tremendous pressure on the pump walls that it obviously cannot handle. I'll try get pics for ya later but left SHO up at WesTec for DP too look at.
    Honestly i'm not surprised.....i'm actually amazed mine hasnt split already with all the abuse i've put it through offSHOre.....

This and the BOV are looking like necessary 'bullet-proofing' upgrades for the SHO.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post

Jorge (305coco) took Shodude's hull and is working on pump tunnel reinforcements for the SHO as we speak........looks like hes gonna need to make alot of em......
    Did Shodude have same prob then?? And, where Jorge?

Did Shodude have same prob then?? And, where Jorge?
    No...but mj3hides and shodude got proactive when they heard about R3 breaking his........

Jorge is located on the west coast of FL.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    No...but mj3hides and shodude got proactive when they heard about R3 breaking his........

Jorge is located on the west coast of FL.......
    Ya and this broke before the C5 and Motec, so,,, . Um, is Jorge affiliated with a dealership or something. I guess I would like to find out more about this reinforcement before DP repairs it, just in case it makes our lives a lot easier, ya know?
    Thx for help Rip!!

+1
    Sorry to hear man..at least you caught it in time. This is making me nervous seeing all these failures lately. I'm waiting to get the reinforcement installed before I put my C1 on...might even put the stock pump cone back on in the mean time. I've heard of tunnels cracking on stock GPR's which use an 85mm exit nozzle. The SHO nozzles are 83mm, so I'd think they are putting more stress on the tunnel, even on a nearly stock boat.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information