Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help, Please....

I have listed my problem before, but I am back on top of it, looking for a solution.

Ski was ran with very low oil and oil pressure was so high the fill lid blew off, spraying oil all over the engine and compartment. The ski developed a knock (not real loud, but def a knock).

Ski has sat all winter and I am ready to get this thing fixed. I think the bearings may be shot. There was reminents of metal shavings in the oil filter and below it. compression check showed equal compression between cylinders.

Is someone willing to take this project on? I found a guy in Michigan who said he'd tear down/rebuild the motor for $400 plus parts. I can't get a hold on him now though. I would really like to get this ski running and willing to pay accordingly.

Please let me know if you can help, or if you have suggestions on what I can check/do myself.

Low oil level and high oil pressure don't make sense. What blew the filler cap off may have been blowby due to excessive wear or stuck rings. You might check the classifieds for a used engine - that would be cheaper than rebuilding it... Ron

engine

Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe there was too much oil, since the beeping for the oil is just a warning light.

Buying a used engine means assuming that many expensive parts need to be replaced. If teardown/assembling costs 400-500 and parts are $2,000.00 that is still cheaper than buying a 3000-4000 dollar motor.

Not to mention, there are no 215hp motors for sale in the classifieds at this time. Summer is coming up and I need to get the ball rolling here.

I am not thrilled, trust me.

what do you guys think about this

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...ory_Code=P40-1

that link seems to have a good deal. $2,700 motor swap, 215hp specs. Do you guys think this company can be trusted? anybody use them before? Seems like the motors are refurbished properly and all wear parts are replaced with brand new ones.

I've heard that the rebuilt 4tec motors by SBT are no good. Stay away from them.

REX

that really sucks, as that seemed like my best option. $2,300 for a motor swap. Now I am back at square one. If anybody knows where to get a good 4-tec 215 motor PLEASE let me know.

I think rebuilding will be too costly and take too long. Thanks guys.

motors

anybody? There has got to be someone/somewhere to buy a used motor!!

Don't forget if you want a drop in motor, it depends on what year ski you currently have. 2004-2005 & 2006-2007 drop in to respective year skis and are compatible with their electronics. Example: 2005 engine will drop in a 2004 ski, but not in a 2007 ski. So you need to consider the year motor you buy... Ron

ski

the Ski is an 04, so I suppose I would like to buy a 2004 or 2005 motor. Whatever motor will drop in with my electronics. I am blown away with how hard it is to find a used motor. That SBT place has a great deal, but nobody seems to think they are good motors

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    Don't forget if you want a drop in motor, it depends on what year ski you currently have. 2004-2005 & 2006-2007 drop in to respective year skis and are compatible with their electronics. Example: 2005 engine will drop in a 2004 ski, but not in a 2007 ski. So you need to consider the year motor you buy... Ron
    all motors r the same except for a few bolt on parts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information