Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Amsoil in SC units

Who uses Amsoil in there supercharged units? My Amsoil rep still tells me it is fine to use it. I do not use it in my RXP or anyone elses, but I use it in my vehicles. I still use the original BRP 10W-40, until I cannot get it anymore. BRP only has the blend and full synthetic, which is made by Castrol. So I would like to hear if anyone uses Amsoil.
    Thanks

+1
    im curious as well which marine version of the Amsoil people said they were using to help with supercharger clutch slipping with high boost wheels......i thought it was the synthetic 10w-40 but would like confirmation from anyone who knows for sure or actually has it in their boat using the stuff........thanks in advance!

+1
    I use the 10-40 Marine powersport.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/wcf.aspx

I have used it for over 2 years now. I have had great results.

+1
    I've been using it for over 10 years in all my vehicles and have the dual by-pass system on my 1999 Chevy Z-71. I also use it in my SeaDoo's for over 3 years! I sent my 2005 GTX-SC (185hp) supercharger to Jerry for rebuild and removal of ceramic washers with 104 hours on the SC. He told me he was "shocked at how good condition the OEM ceramic washers were in with 104 hours!" I'm convinced it was the Amsoil.

DO a search for this subject and read the Amsoil technical bulletin about the SC ceramic washers and see for yourself! There is a lot of miss information out there about not using synthetic oils! BRP/SeaDoo is correct about one thing, don't use THEIR synthetic!!!!!

+1
    i just looked at the Amsoils site and it looks like we need the motorcycle version synthetic 10W-40 with the JASO wet clutch certification.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Yes the AMSOIL Marine 10w-40 Synthetic oil is safe to use. http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...storefront/wcf The AMSOIL does not have any extreme pressure additives or friction modifiers in it. That is why the Sea-Doo guys run it, since it is safe for the super charger clutches.
    AMSOIL Formula 4-Stroke Marine Oil (WCF) does not contain friction modifiers and demonstrates better slippage resistance than SEA-DOO 4-stroke mineral-based XP-S 10W-40 oil (219-700-34 in the SAE No. 2 friction test. It delivers excellent wet-clutch performance in 2004-2007 215 hp SEA-DOO 4-TEC series engines used in SEA-DOO personal watercraft (PWC) and sport boats.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...3&postcount=11

im using the amsoil premium protection 10-40/ JASO MA ( motorcycle wet clucth), this oil and brp XPS oil has the same API SL SJ SH SG
    im using it on my C KIT SC for a while without problems

+1
    JT...which AmsOil are you be using in the Doo's?

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    I've been using it for over 10 years in all my vehicles and have the dual by-pass system on my 1999 Chevy Z-71. I also use it in my SeaDoo's for over 3 years! I sent my 2005 GTX-SC (185hp) supercharger to Jerry for rebuild and removal of ceramic washers with 104 hours on the SC. He told me he was "shocked at how good condition the OEM ceramic washers were in with 104 hours!" I'm convinced it was the Amsoil.

DO a search for this subject and read the Amsoil technical bulletin about the SC ceramic washers and see for yourself! There is a lot of miss information out there about not using synthetic oils! BRP/SeaDoo is correct about one thing, don't use THEIR synthetic!!!!!

+1
    I and many prefer Mobil 1 Synthetic 4-T Racing oil. Great for wet clutches, JASO M, and produced for High reving engines.

2x 2004 Seadoo RXP. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. wisconsin_quat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    i just looked at the Amsoils site and it looks like we need the motorcycle version synthetic 10W-40 with the JASO wet clutch certification.
    The amsoil rep that posts on this forum recommends using either the motorcycle 10w40 or the marine 10w40 (both full synthetic).

I've researched this site quite a bit and am actually in the process of buying the marine oil for my crafts. I just sent both my sc's to jerry to do a full rebuild, both of my machines had 60 hours on them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information