Question BEgi? Where to buy and why?

First off I want to say that I will be running and ET-140 this year on my 05 RXP, I have a stock ECU and I have 48 lb injectors. Please read my signature for other mods. My question is Do I spend the money on a Rotax ECU and upgraded Valve Springs or go with a BEgi that I have no idea of where to get one or the actual tech description of what it does. I read where people are running a BEgi 2025 but I'm not sure which direction to go. I'm fine in my mind by keeping at 8150 RPM's one my 05 RXP. Any links, ideas or opinions? Cost of a BEgi vs ECU and Valve train upgrade?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by inteljd View Post
    First off I want to say that I will be running and ET-140 this year on my 05 RXP, I have a stock ECU and I have 48 lb injectors. Please read my signature for other mods. My question is Do I spend the money on a Rotax ECU and upgraded Valve Springs or go with a BEgi that I have no idea of where to get one or the actual tech description of what it does. I read where people are running a BEgi 2025 but I'm not sure which direction to go. I'm fine in my mind by keeping at 8150 RPM's one my 05 RXP. Any links, ideas or opinions? Cost of a BEgi vs ECU and Valve train upgrade?

Thank you

I would know where to buy a Begi too! I am thinking Summit!

+1
    http://www.bellengineering.net/produ...&products_id=4

you can buy direct from bell engineering, maybe you guys need to do a group buy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by inteljd View Post

Thank you
    Jerry, you should start posting thes technical questions in the performance section. They will get more attention there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    http://www.bellengineering.net/produ...&products_id=4

you can buy direct from bell engineering, maybe you guys need to do a group buy
    I spoke with Corky Bell the other day and he told me that they actually used to make a smaller unit that will only rise a max of 5to1 wich is probably still more than we need. He said if we need enough of them that he would make them for us but for now they are discontinued. I think if we needed enough of them that this would be the way to go instead of the bigger 2025. I'll give him a call tommorow and see how many it will take to get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Jerry, you should start posting thes technical questions in the performance section.

I spoke with Corky Bell the other day and he told me that they actually used to make a smaller unit that will only rise a max of 5to1 wich is probably still more than we need. He said if we need enough of them that he would make them for us but for now they are discontinued. I think if we needed enough of them that this would be the way to go instead of the bigger 2025. I'll give him a call tommorow and see how many it will take to get this done.
    Whats the difference between 2022 and 2025?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    Whats the difference between 2022 and 2025?
    Refer to this link.
    http://www.racetep.com/begiregins.html
    2022 does not have the onset adjustment.

Thread Information