Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advise on Mods

Advise on Mods

I return to the states in about a month from my deployement. I am interested in modding my ski this year and I have already started purchasing parts. I dont want to spend a whole lot of money at one time so I want to get them little by little. What I am looking for is a little advise on the order which I should purchase the future ones.

Mods already purchased and waiting for me to return home for install
    -Centre A kit SC from another member here
    -Riva Thru hull
    -Will be building a 4" intake.

Mods I will be buying next
    -Water box
    -Opas B/O so I can install exhaust

Mods I would like to buy this summer
    -Prop(Dont know which to buy yet)
    -Wear ring(mine is scuffed pretty good)
    -Intake grate
    -42lbs injectors
    -Fizzle cooler

I am thinking it would be best in that order. What do you guys think? My other concern is the prop. With just intake, SC, exhaust will it already need a prop. I dont want to put those things on and right away not be able to ride it because it runs off the limiter. Can I modify the stocker to hold me through, and when would be the right time to adjust the prop?

+1
    The stock impeller is garbage.

Your mod list looks great. Without the fizzle intercooler go with the Solas 14/19R impeller.

If you go with the intercooler then you will want the Solas 15/20R.

How long can I got before I need to swap the prop?

Anyone? What wear ring would be the best to go with at this time? I am going to get ready to purchase a few of these items but want to do it right the first time. I would like to wait a little bit on the prop but dont know how long I can get away with it. I am also getting ready to order a few hundred in look good parts too as in new custom reg numbers, stainless vent hoses(mine are crushed and junk), and hydro turf so I dont know about prop just yet if I dont have to.

+1
    Chris, even on a stock ski the 14/19 solas 4 blade is better than the stock impeller. As Jerry said, stock is junk. And as he also mentioned, once you get the intercooler you will have to upgrade the prop again. Maybe bend the stock prop until you get the intercooler (skip the 14/19), but know in the back of your mind that you're not getting the 100% most out of your machine. Then get the 15/20..

You can do the stainless wearring at any time, but I'd recommend using up your stock ring first. Once the original side is toast you can flip it and use the other 1/2. A SS wearring is more necessary when you increase the HP of your ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    The stock impeller is garbage.

Your mod list looks great. Without the fizzle intercooler go with the Solas 14/19R impeller.

If you go with the intercooler then you will want the Solas 15/20R.

Get the ic and the 15/20, you will be save yourself changing props latter, and one step skiped.

The intercooler and prop will prob be the last two things I get for this year. Until then you will I be able to get by with a tweaked stocker? What if I buy a nozzle kit? Can running a different ring help me dial in the rpms? I wanna buy most of these parts right now, so I just want to be sure I am getting the right stuff.

+1
    Maybe it would be better for you to list: 1) what mods are currently installed; 2) what mods you have but not installed, and; 3) How much oney you have for new mods.

These guys are tried and true. Listen to thier recommendations as they have been there before, and can tell you best what order your mods SHOULD be in. Just my $.02. --J

I did at the very top post. Ski is stock as it sits now as listed in my sig. I already purchased my SC, and parts of my exhaust. I am deployed right now so the minute I return home my ski will hit the water completely stock just so I can get a baseline speed number and then if everything goes right it will hit the water with in 24 hours of that with 4" intake, Worx grate, waterbox, thru hull, Opas BOs, and prob injectors.

This should get me through until I purchase an IC and the prop. That is why I am trying to figure if I can some how get by with my stocker until then. If anyone thinks it is needed I will also purchase a nozzle kit. I am still new to all of this so anything that points me in the right direction or you guys think I should change just let me know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    I did at the very top post. Ski is stock as it sits now as listed in my sig. I already purchased my SC, and parts of my exhaust. I am deployed right now so the minute I return home my ski will hit the water completely stock just so I can get a baseline speed number and then if everything goes right it will hit the water with in 24 hours of that with 4" intake, Worx grate, waterbox, thru hull, Opas BOs, and prob injectors.

This should get me through until I purchase an IC and the prop. That is why I am trying to figure if I can some how get by with my stocker until then. If anyone thinks it is needed I will also purchase a nozzle kit. I am still new to all of this so anything that points me in the right direction or you guys think I should change just let me know.
    You are doing right getting some baseline numbers before the mods, most forget to do that.
    I would look at repitching your stock prop to get rpms correct over the nozzle rings, thats just my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information