Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXT orange colour code?? for custom #'s and decals

Hey guys just wondering if any of you with X skis know what the colour code for the orange is? Or if you know of a 3M orange vinyl that matches up to the factory nice? I already have Tri-colour custom numbers on mine.. but the orange outline doesnt match the factory perfect (yes I am that picky lol) and I also want to add a little bit of custom graphics to it. I want it to match the factory orange very very closely.

+1
    Good luck. It's kind of a burnt metallic orange so getting a match won't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Good luck. It's kind of a burnt metallic orange so getting a match won't be easy.
    Yeah its almost kind of like the burnt orange that they had on 2000+ year Dodge dakotas. I tried 5 orange samples at a vinyl shop I htought i picked a good match but it didnt turn out to match well at all

Banned User
    the problem is that the paint has metallic fleck in it and so nothing will really match perfect. Call up exotic signs and see if they have something they can send ya.

i matched my orange vinyl with the stickers on the ski rather than the copper hood cause i carnt find that colour vinyl

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    The closest orange that you will find is called dutch orange but even then its not close enough so I had paul at exotic do my stuff your not going to match that hood very well but jettrim was ablt to match the hood more closely with a dutch orange just try to match the grab handle with a standard orange....Look at my profile or my avatar and you will see.....I like it...

As you can tell I have almost three different oranges on my boat but I think the run well together....

I looked for a while and gave up. I ended up going with straight black letters for mine. I got these http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ID=1008&r=view

The font is pretty nice, and on the ski they look really nice.

I will warn you though that unlike in the pic on the site, the actual 1s in the kits look a lot like penises. I'll grab a pic of it later if I remember.

ill try to get a pic of my numbers.. my mahcine still sitting at the shop . They are pretty cool looking I just wish the orange would match better. They are tri-colour, light grey dark grey and orange . overall most people think they match the ski awesome. Usually iget a different set of numbers made up every year, on my polaris i had a wicked set of chrome, deep red and silver... looked killer! Im thinking i want to do chrome+ orange this year for my T-X. I also want to customize the big X logo on the side. Ill post pics if I get to doing it.

got a chunk of orange vinyl to test putting an orange outline on the 'X'. I think it looks killer. I will take a pic this week and try to post it here. I just did a rough job of it and still no luck finding a really good orange match. Theres like three shades of orange, the seat orange.. the RXTX letter outline orange and the hood orange all three are different shades

+1
    You need these. They match the color and shading of the stock decals exactly..

www.exoticsigns.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sidefx 017.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	319.6 KB 
ID:	128379   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sidefx 002.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	325.7 KB 
ID:	128380  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information