Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: First Ride FZS

  1. #1
    HighVelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clear lake area, TX
    Posts
    162

    First Ride FZS

    I got a chance to ride my FZS yesterday afternoon for the first time. Imo it handles like a big heavy gpr with unbelievable hookup. Rode 2up through light chop and cavitated once or twice over a 10 mile stretch. First number 2up with at least 3/4 tank was 64.8. With a 1/4 tank 2up best # was 66.4. Before we put it up I made several passes alone with a 1/4 tank. It ran consistent 68.8 and a best speed of 69.0! I found the best speed with the trim in the full up position. I can't wait to get a ride plate and intake grate!


  2. #2
    yami_rida#26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    2,112
    Nice #'s & nice ski

  3. #3
    HighVelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clear lake area, TX
    Posts
    162
    Thanks

  4. #4
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Wow. 69 STOCK. I may have to pick up an FZ here sooner than later. Still keeping my SHO though as I ride in some pretty rough conditions and also some very LONG rides. Gotta love the cruise control and cup holder. lol

  5. #5
    I'm taking my FZS out for its first ride this Saturday. The weather has been crummy here in NJ and the waters are still freezing, so I am just going to suck it up on Saturday and take it for a ride because it is gonna be 67 out

  6. #6
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573

  7. #7
    R3_killa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    348
    I just picked up my FZS today. I'll be on the water all day tomorrow

  8. #8
    caymansho caymansho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Grand Cayman
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by R3_killa View Post
    I just picked up my FZS today. I'll be on the water all day tomorrow
    Wicked, can't wait to see mon!!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Littleton,NC on Lake Gaston
    Posts
    261
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity View Post
    I got a chance to ride my FZS yesterday afternoon for the first time. Imo it handles like a big heavy gpr with unbelievable hookup. Rode 2up through light chop and cavitated once or twice over a 10 mile stretch. First number 2up with at least 3/4 tank was 64.8. With a 1/4 tank 2up best # was 66.4. Before we put it up I made several passes alone with a 1/4 tank. It ran consistent 68.8 and a best speed of 69.0! I found the best speed with the trim in the full up position. I can't wait to get a ride plate and intake grate!
    Congradulations on your new FZR. I know you are going to really enjoy this ski. I am the proud owner of one also and love it. Oldman

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    McAllen TX
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
    Congradulations on your new FZR. I know you are going to really enjoy this ski. I am the proud owner of one also and love it. Oldman
    I AM PICKING MY NEW BLACK FZS TODAY !!!!!, THIS WEEKED WILL BE AT SOUTH PADRE ISLAND FOR FIRST RIDE AND BREAK IN.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First ride and race with my 14 FZS
    By jwaked in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 11:11 PM
  2. RXP First Ride....RPM Question
    By Teddy57 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 03:59 PM
  3. first ride today.
    By Krazy-K in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 11:51 PM
  4. first ride of the season tested new 14/19 solas prop
    By daverxp4 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-15-2006, 12:25 PM
  5. Impressions after First Ride today
    By 1 FAST VE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 03:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •