+1
    I will be soon.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post
    I will be soon.
    Tried it out yet?

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    Nope, still too Cold to hit the Water up here.

Got some other things I gotta Buy first before I can get this, but I'll def. have it on the Boat this Summer.

+1
    We have my buddies S150 running 63-64 but the stock ECU is just killing this motor. How do you think the boat will respond to spinning 8600 RPM? I wonder what the limits are of the hull?

Also, do you know the stock rev limit on a 05 S150? The analog tach stops at 8,000 RPM, is that all it spins?

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    The "Sweet Spot" for the non X-Motors is 8100RPM (X-Motors you don't wanna be over 8k RPM's). Anything above that, the Motor starts pulling Timing and Slowing you down.

I've heard the S150 Hull is only good to 65-67MPH, but NO ONE is running an A/M ECU that I know of, so it might not be the Hull that is the Limiting Factor. So if we drop an ECU in, I'll bet we find some more MPH.

Running @ 8600RPM's, same as the 'Ski's, you'll wanna do the Valve Spring & Retainer Upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    We have my buddies S150 running 63-64 but the stock ECU is just killing this motor. How do you think the boat will respond to spinning 8600 RPM? I wonder what the limits are of the hull?

Also, do you know the stock rev limit on a 05 S150? The analog tach stops at 8,000 RPM, is that all it spins?
    Official rev limit on an '06+ 4-tec SCIC is 8300. There's no speed to be had above 8200 on the stock ECU, because it starts pulling the timing. The rev limit on the '05 is 8200, but timing is pulled about 8100, so that's your target, though the analog tach isn't going to be accurate enough to pin it exactly right.

This is a lot of hull for just one jet to get too much farther past 65mph.

+1
    I think that an 87mm nozzle and 8650 ECU would turn the boat into a monster. Our testing showed that even an 82mm nozzle killed the performance of the boat. It is just too much mass to get it moving with that small of a nozzle. An 87mm should make it scream out of the hole.

At 64 mph the boat starts hopping at the front because the nose is trying to work it's way up but just doesnt have the lift it needs so it falls back down, and does this over and over. (similar to what we found with the FZR hull).

Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    I think that an 87mm nozzle and 8650 ECU would turn the boat into a monster. Our testing showed that even an 82mm nozzle killed the performance of the boat. It is just too much mass to get it moving with that small of a nozzle. An 87mm should make it scream out of the hole.

At 64 mph the boat starts hopping at the front because the nose is trying to work it's way up but just doesnt have the lift it needs so it falls back down, and does this over and over. (similar to what we found with the FZR hull).
    I'm glad you mentioned that about the nozzle, because I was seeing the same results, but didn't completely trust the results considering the fact that the modified skis love the 81-82mm nozzles. I've been using an 83mm over the winter to try to keep my RPMs down versus the 84mm. Never considered trying larger than 84mm. When I hit 65mph over the winter, it was with the 83mm. I'm going out to Tampa Bay tomorrow to race a stock S150 and RXP. I'm going to see what the 84mm does to my top speed tomorrow.

I guess I can consider myself lucky that I don't have any porpoising at 64mph (if you look at my last 65mph video, it's as level and stable as can be, unless I'm jumping wake). Maybe my dual exhaust is having a stabilizing effect, I don't know.

Hot water (85F) killed my performance last weekend versus the winter. Never could manage over 7900rpms/11.5# boost all day with the 15/20+2mm and a top speed of 61mph. Time to throw on my summer prop, an untouched 15/20. Was out with a couple of stock RXPs doing drags, and was fairly happy how close I was running with them, despite my low RPMs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information