Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

What got you into the world of PWC?

In my preperation for mudbugs, I got to thinking; what lead me to all this?
    I first rented a ski @ the lake in 92 and thought it was a lot of fun. I was just married and starting a family so it took me a while before I had spare cash to dump into a toy. 7 years later, I had a small side business that afforded me such an expensive hobby. With no research, I found and bought a 95 Kawi SS750 "beater" . I thought I was in heaven. Better than any drug I ever had. Well, another year or 2 went by and I decided I wanted something better and by chance I ran across a 6 month old 2000 GPR. After a lot of research, cash, and a few years later, here I am. 2 GPRS, Superjet, Polaris and Shuttlecraft, and it still doen't seem like enough. Even though it now cost an easy $100.00 everytime I hook a trailer up to my truck, I still would not change a thing. Along this long ride, I have had some great fun and meet some even better people. Thanks to everyone who has helped me get here and look to see you all @ the Bug.
    As for the future; saving now for a lake house so I can do this into retirement.

+1
    Very similar story for me. In 1994 I rode a friend's SeaDoo GTS. Thing topped out at like 42 MPH It didn't matter, I was hooked. I was broke at the time, but tried everything I could to get a ski. I wanted a Kawi 900 Zxi bad, but just didn't have the funds to make it happen. I vowed to get one as soon as I could afford it. So life goes on and I forget about it.

In July 2000, I go on a vacation to Galveston and rent a ski (SeaDoo GTS ironically) and all the memories from 1994 came flooding back. By this time, I had a decent career and plenty of disposable income, so about 4 days after I got back from the trip I bought my first ski, a Kawi 1100 STX-Di. In about a month I realized that wasn't fast enough for me so I bought a 2000 GPR and immediately started modding it (the wrong way)

Now almost six years later I've owned:

2000 Kawi 1100 STX-Di
    2000 Yami GPR (modded it the wrong way)
    2002 Yami GPR (turn key hack disaster)
    2002 Kawi STXR (nicely modded)
    2003 SeaDoo GTX 4-tec Supercharged (currently for sale/trade)
    2004 SeaDoo RXP (still own and mod the hell out of)

There for a while we had a strong local riding group and I was putting 100+ hours a year on each of the skis, but lately the group has died down a bit and I have been riding less and less. I even occasionally think about selling my RXP and being done with it. But usually Franko and Green Hulk talk me out of it

+1
    Learned to water-ski when i was 6 (Forced by my dad, now i appreciate it) and grew up on boats--it was a normal thing.

then dad bought me a 1988 Waverunner 500 ---and it was downhill from there. Never stopped riding since that day. I love the water and i really grew a passion for the forum when GH's site came about.

Mike Thorne was the one who introduced me to Kerry, so i give credit to Mike who saved me from spending a whole bunch of money trying to go fast on my own.

And Here we are now!!

+1
    this thing,boy could I tell stories over few beers on this one

later cd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	owl_1_158.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	5914  

It got started for me way back in 1985 when I was heavy into water skiing and a friend let me ride his kaw 440. I loved it and went and bought a crappy 1986 kaw 300 (what a piece!). I sold it and bought a 1985 kaw 550 standup, put a few mods on it, ran 105 octane fuel and began racing. I actually won the first race i entered No shit, I did! Ive been hooked ever since. Ive bought and sold many many skis and was doing it to make extra cash. Id look in the paper and a local classified section on the internet and buy what people didnt realize they had and resale them. I had a brief layoff in the sport back in 1996 when I jumped a wave on my 95 kaw zxi and landed it very wrong and broke my ankle ( way to much to drink that day)(ive learned alcohol and jetskiing dont mix). I sold it and was without one for a year . I felt like I was so missing something that entire year. It was just down right depressing. After talking to my wife into getting another one and promising her id wouldnt drink and ride again, I bought another ski and also bought her one Kirkf350 and I met at my wifes 10 year reunion (they graduated together) and we have got a good friendship and share the love of the sport almost daily. Our wifes are great friends as well. I to have met many great people along the way in this awesome sport. Alot of the guys I grew up with and guys I work with now all hunt, fish and play golf. Thats ok, but they leave there wife and kids behind on sometimes all weekend outings. Not me. They all come with me - Its an awesome family sport! Thats my story

+1
    Back in '98 my dad bought a 130 HP Sea Doo GTX. We would ride it out in Stephensville (Mudbug Central) almost every weekend. It was alot of fun, but i never considered buying my own until '04 when my parents purchased their own camp on da bayou. It was then Carey and i realized what fun it would be to have our own.

I didn't even have a clue which model i wanted so i got online and went to seadoo.com and saw the soon to be released '04 RXP. I was shocked by the 215 HP and knew then that i had to have one. Carey and the boys picked out the green color. It was a 2 month wait to get it. Longest 2 months of my life

The kids called it the "Green Hulk Sea Doo" when i brought it home, so now you know where i got the name

So, the Green Hulk Sea Doo became my obcession. I modded it, i had miketrin build me a webpage dedicated to it. The website gave birth to a forum which gave birth to yet another "Yamaha" forum and it wasn't long before i became a performance parts dealer.

Not long ago Carey wanted her own RXP so now we have two

So in a very short time my hobby, or obcession has become a way of life.

The chicks!

And I guess a little devil on my shoulder that keeps saying go faster, faster, faster... The funny thing is, that little fuccker NEVER contributes to the cause... $$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by chip
    this thing,boy could I tell stories over few beers on this one

later cd
    OK, I'll ask... WTF is that?

+1
    jet power ,started with old 400 kaw motor,last one (latest)700 yamaha
    real time video,gps tracking and some other goods
    have not work with them for few years now
    http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/Ma...8902P-002.html

late cd

+1
    1995 PSI modded Polaris 785 with psi tripple pipes... never ridden anything so fast on the water in my life. (57mph)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information