+1

Lightscribe Help

does anyone here use HP's Lightscribe stuff???

My new laptop has a LS drive in it and I just used the drive for the first time with a LS disc. I went to the LS website and downloaded the programs needed to make a label but when I try to install the software it tells me that I dont have sugnificant enough privliages to run the program and I need to log off and sign back on as an adminstrator.

Here is my problem, I am the only user for this computer and I am logged on as the Admin, so WTF is wrong with this thing???

Thanks

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    If you are running Vista, when you open it, try to right click it and then click on "Run as Administrator".

Don't know what your problem is. I have a LS drive on my computer which was bought and installed by me. It came with Nero software for using the lightscribe feature. I've never had any problems with it. I will say that I have to burn the discs twice to get a good/dark image. And it is quite time consuming. It takes about 45 minutes to design the image and then burn it (twice). It doesn't stop me from doing other things while it's burning so it's not too bad. End result is pretty cool though. Makes some very professional looking CD's and DVD's for work.

have it ,, never used it ,, even bought the discs

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged03 View Post
    If you are running Vista, when you open it, try to right click it and then click on "Run as Administrator".

Damn Vista..That worked...Thanks...This is my first real expierence with Vista so I still dont know all the ins and outs of it....

LS worked nicely, got the software from the LS site it self and it worked just fine..i wont be using it on every disc but the one I did required a DL so I figured I would try it..

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Damn Vista..That worked...Thanks...This is my first real expierence with Vista so I still dont know all the ins and outs of it....

LS worked nicely, got the software from the LS site it self and it worked just fine..i wont be using it on every disc but the one I did required a DL so I figured I would try it..

Thanks again

I think there is an option in the properties (of the shortcut) to always run as an administrator. Still get the prompt to run, but you won't have to do the other bit...

i just found out my laptop HP has Lightscribe what exactly is that . is it were it etches into the top portion of the disc

Quote Originally Posted by 97gp1200 View Post
    i just found out my laptop HP has Lightscribe what exactly is that . is it were it etches into the top portion of the disc
    Here you go:

LightScribe is a direct disc labeling technology that burns text and graphics onto the surface of a CD or DVD using the disc drive's laser and a specially coated LightScribe disc. ... Ron

Thread Information