Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Who's Running a BOV??

I am wondering how many people are using a Blow off Valve. I have read that they will help with the longevity of the Clutch washers but havent really seen or heard of that many people using them. Right now its between a BOV or a new Jet Trim Seat Cover. Which would you say. I'm trying to build a ski that is near bullet proof, I dont want any problems not nessacarily the most speed just no problems at all.
    -david

+1
    I would say if you run in the ocean a lot than go with the BOV it will help with the clutch. If you run mostly flat water than you don't need it.

+1
    Most people on here consider the BOV just another place to spring a boost leak. Unless you go expensive, they seem to leak boost alot.

+1
    I run in the ocean 100%, You can hear the BOV go everytime i come unhooked at WOT, So it will be helping to relieve the strain on my clutch. But I got turbosmart valve. Expensive but they are vry good and no leaky leaky here. 11psi from an X charger. The Riva plastic 1s are junk If your gona run 1 it hast to be a good 1 and ideally be adjustable. R88

+1
    The below link may help you. This set-up has been replicated by several others with great success with both highly modded Seadoos and Yamahas.

I have now been running this setup for over six months with great success and not a single leak.

Here is the link: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ght=rxpxseadog

Quote Originally Posted by flyguytki View Post
    I am wondering how many people are using a Blow off Valve. I have read that they will help with the longevity of the Clutch washers but havent really seen or heard of that many people using them. Right now its between a BOV or a new Jet Trim Seat Cover. Which would you say. I'm trying to build a ski that is near bullet proof, I dont want any problems not nessacarily the most speed just no problems at all.
    -david

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    The modded Yamahas are starting to see Sc clutch failures like the Sea Doos......so my question is........why dont Sea Doo and Yamaha run BOV's from the factory?

If it can only help the longevity of the clutch system as it's abused in the brutal marine environment, why not use one?

I'm putting a HKS BOV on my SHO today

I would guess for the same reason why they just started putting metal washers in the SC's.

Quote Originally Posted by flyguytki View Post
    -david
    I found this company while searching aluminum pipe for my intercooler. You can get a bov and a seat cover at these prices.http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=BOV

i had the good riva bov and my rude washers were gone at 20 hrs if i was u i would get the seat cover

+1
    i bought the junk riva setup and tossed the crappy ass plastic bov. Picked up a Forge valve off ebay for like $20. I consider it cheap insurance against people like my brother who doesnt always understand the idea of letting go of the throttle.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information