Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

09 FZR vs 08 RXTX : which do I buy?

Guys, I need your urgent advice

I am in a deal to get my second ski,both Seadoo and Yamaha dealers are offering me the same price ($14.000) for a new 09 FZR and a left-over 08 TX.
    This price is quite good for a legit premium ski in Thailand, it s actually the normal price of a parallel import without any waranty, and includes 1 year dealer guarantee, VAT, legit import taxes & insurance, delivery.
    I got those deals trough my gf family who owns a rental operation

I already have a stage2 07 RXP, that runs close to 78mph, and that i love, but which gives me lots of trouble, getting water in oil so often, and losing parts of hood, bumpers, mirrors, covers, all kinds of plastic crap that costs more than gold to import here.
    So I want to keep the RXP for flat water only, once in a while when we go ride and cc on a lake 3h away,
    I live by the beach, and can check the waves by my window right now,
    but I feel I just dont ride enough, and spend too much of my time fixing shit instead

So I want to get a good reliable ski, that I can play with everyday without headache, that I will keep stock, or max under 75mph,
    and that can jump a 6ft wave

So which do I get?

Thanks a lot

Well 2 of my mates have 07 rxp's and they both do alot of wave jumping, and now they both now have cracked hulls.
    From what i have heard for the heavy surf riding the yamaha's are the way to go.

+1
    For the ocean I would go with the longer FZR which is also running less boost and has more low end grunt with that big engine. Plus it's an 09 model. The seadoo dealer should have come down even more on that leftover 08.

So far FZR 2 - RXTX 0
    I m not familiar with the Yamaha superchargers, do you guys reckon it will be easier/cheaper to maintain than the X?

which 1

I'm also considering a yamaha fzr or a rxp-x. In the yamaha section you will see some people have cracked the hull on the new yamaha. I'm leaning towards sea-doo but its a tough choice. Good luck.

seadoo

pie man I sent you a message, and 08 rxt x with out a doubt. the thing is a chop killer. not to mention but 400 dollars in parts and you will see 73 mph with no prob

+1
    i'm leaning yamaha for engine reliability and build quality
    but then again leaning seadoo for cheap and easy modification and it jumps easy too (but the 08 rxtx really should be cheaper than the price they're offering you)

i don't know anything about hulls cracking because i jump waves but i ride a big kawi monster with a super thick hull.

so it sounds like i am sitting on the fence huh.

also if you have any damage on that yamaha nano-xcel hull (minor accidents etc) i have no idea if fiberglass repair will hold up in the long run, as it hasn't been tested

Quote Originally Posted by pwcbabe View Post
    i'm leaning yamaha for engine reliability and build quality
    but then again leaning seadoo for cheap and easy modification and it jumps easy too (but the 08 rxtx really should be cheaper than the price they're offering you)

so it sounds like i am sitting on the fence huh.

also if you have any damage on that yamaha nano-xcel hull i have no idea if fiberglass repair will hold up in the long run, as it hasn't been tested
    I saw on FZR forum that guys in Australia had bad starters on the FZRs brand new. Also dont the yammis have major issues with the pump cracking????
    Ill tell you from my experience with my RXTX 08 now has 51 hours on it. I ride in the great lakes which can have waves as big as the oceans quite often. I jump my RXTX all the time....often it get it so high in the air when i land it goes underwater to the handlebars no joke. Also when there arent huge swells to jump its usually very choppy like you wont see in the ocean, 3 foot deep chop, very hard on skis and I ride mine wide open alot. I havent had one problem with it so far, nothing.. other then I am havign dealr check my supercharger clutch to make sure the slip is correct. The TX can take a ton of abuse. I am a bit biased to seadoos I do not like the yammis my freinds 1200R sunk due to a cracked hull. Piece of junk.

The pump tunnel is cracking on FX SHOs. You shouldnt have to worry about it on the FZR.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information