Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best Reeds For 951???

Hi everyone,
    I am starting to modify my 01 xp 951 and not sure which reeds to buy. I am crossed between Rotax Racing (Renaldi) and R&D M16 monster valve. Renaldi claims its the best money can buy and for 350 it is cheaper than the R&D for 621. The renaldi features carbon composite reed petals and the R&D dosent say what that is made out of, but the R&D does come with an intake. What i would like to know is if anyone is using these valves, which one is better, or if anyone has an even better reed valve for this engine. Thanks for any help everyone! -Brian

Oh yeah, i usually use Boysen rad valves or v-force on all my 2-strokes but they only make replacement petals for this engine..

Quote Originally Posted by Rebcammaz View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I am starting to modify my 01 xp 951 and not sure which reeds to buy. I am crossed between Rotax Racing (Renaldi) and R&D M16 monster valve. Renaldi claims its the best money can buy and for 350 it is cheaper than the R&D for 621. The renaldi features carbon composite reed petals and the R&D dosent say what that is made out of, but the R&D does come with an intake. What i would like to know is if anyone is using these valves, which one is better, or if anyone has an even better reed valve for this engine. Thanks for any help everyone! -Brian
    i was getting ready to ask this question.
    Does the r&d set come with the oil injection ports, and with the renaldi reeds, do you just bolt on the stock intake manifolds back on or does it come with a different manifold. and how much of a difference does it really make in power and acceleration

bump

http://www.rd-performance.com/newpro...seadoo/951.asp
    link for R&D
    http://www.racetechpowersports.com/e...t_for_Sead.htm
    link for renaldi

does anyone know which one works better?

does anyone know what aftermarket intake you would use with the renaldi reeds?

Can Anyone Help?

Quote Originally Posted by abarrassr07 View Post
    i was getting ready to ask this question.
    Does the r&d set come with the oil injection ports, and with the renaldi reeds, do you just bolt on the stock intake manifolds back on or does it come with a different manifold. and how much of a difference does it really make in power and acceleration
    I dont think R&D intake has oil injection ports- Im gonna premix anyway so that is not a concern to me.

I have used the Carbon Tech reads and Vforce and Vforce2. All worked better than stock. The Vforce2 is a better design than the first ones They give a better bottom end and nice snap. They need to be used with the R&D manifold and it has the oil injection holes. You can take the old ones out of the stock manifolds with vice grips and press them in the R&D with a vice. If you want to go cheep get Carbon tech and R&D manifold with stuffers. Renaldis were used in the RXX and should work well also

+1
    I was thinking of asking a question like this, but then I got THESE and figured I'd just run em. Anyone have anything positive/negative info for me?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcman4usn View Post
    I was thinking of asking a question like this, but then I got THESE and figured I'd just run em. Anyone have anything positive/negative info for me?

Never mind, the link didn't work anymore...

It was a brand new set of carbontech carbon fiber reeds I picked up for $36 after shipping (which was $16!!!!! [for reeds??!!?? really??!!??!!])

Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    I have used the Carbon Tech reads and Vforce and Vforce2. All worked better than stock. The Vforce2 is a better design than the first ones They give a better bottom end and nice snap. They need to be used with the R&D manifold and it has the oil injection holes. You can take the old ones out of the stock manifolds with vice grips and press them in the R&D with a vice. If you want to go cheep get Carbon tech and R&D manifold with stuffers. Renaldis were used in the RXX and should work well also
    The dominator manifold from R&D has oil injection holes? I dont want to go the cheap route but i want to make sure im getting the absolute best reed/intake combo for the money, and btw i have R&D stuffers that i was going to use but i dont want them anymore- PM me if anyone wants them retail 93.53 form R&D, i will let them go for 60 with shipping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information