2002 seadoo lrv di

hi guys

i just bought a seadoo LRV DI and it has a blown engine it sank in the water and the water went inside of the engine and it rusted cause the it sank in salt water
    i would like to know ur thoughts on what should i do ?

i have 2 options
    1- rebuild the DI engine
    2- i have a complete spare 951 carb engine i took out from my old GTX limited i can install it on the ski with the electric and every thing.

what should i do and if i choose to rebuild the DI engine what should i rebuild excatly since its my first ? and what should i look on and check in the DI system ?

i know regarding the engine how to rebuild it im going to changet he crank and pistons and the sleeves but what else should i look for and check

thanks

first of all COUCH!!! got to love it you don't see to many of those around.

now that is out of the way...

How much time do you want to put into this motor. You are going to spend a lot of time getting that motor apart alone, considering it was sunk in salt water....

I would consider using that carb, but you would have to swap a lot of stuff (electronics, fuel pump ect)....

Going to be a lot of work either way... Sorry i couldn't be more of help.

dean

+1
    Put the carbed engine & electronics in it. There won't be much left from th salt-corroded DI engine worth using. It's also going to be a raw beotch to get it apart with all the corrosion - lots of broken bolts & skinned knuckles.

Better yet, put a 4-tec in it!
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23078

i didnt say it correctly and sorry for the confusion the ski didnt sink what i wanted to say that it had water inside of the engine only all of the electorincs are fine and working well
    it only needs the engine to be rebuilt thats all
    but when i rebuild the engine do i need to change like special sensors or something i should check ?
    and to be honest i thought of putting a 4-tec engine in that beast but my only problem would be is that i have to buy a complete running 4 tec ski to take the parts i need from
    its hard to find the parts is need where i live im in kuwait my other option is to buy a ski with a blown engine if i can find one
    thats why im thinking about rebuilding the engine i have right now

+1
    If your sensors appear to be OK, then just use them. If they are not working, the MPEM will set an error code, then you'll know.

thanks alot

me I would do the di

hey guys i just found a 2006 3D in mint condition it has less than 30 hrs on it thw owner is welling to let it go for 2500$
    now my question is should i buy it and take every thing inside of it and install it on the LRV ? will every thing fit or it needs some modifications ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_magookw View Post
    hey guys i just found a 2006 3D in mint condition it has less than 30 hrs on it thw owner is welling to let it go for 2500$
    now my question is should i buy it and take every thing inside of it and install it on the LRV ? will every thing fit or it needs some modifications ?
    I'm not a big fan of the 3D, but they are a lot more fun than an LRV. Makes you wonder which to keep?

The 3D DI, which I assume is what you're thinking of buying, should have all of the engine components you need. Not sure if the pipes different, but you really don't anything more than a long block, right? $2500 is a lot for a long block. You should be able to buy one for a lot less than that. I guess you can pull the engine from the 3D and part out what you can of the rest.

Thread Information