96 Raider 700 Cavitation

My ski is cavitating like crazy and I have read some things about wear rings/impellers and the like but I don't know that much. If someone could explain it better I would appreciate it. How hard is this replacement in the garage and do I need a new impeller? If so, should I go with a different pitch than stock?

what happens is over time your impeller and wear ring will wear down over time forming a gap between the outside of the impeller and the pump wall. water just gets mixed up and is not forced through the pump as efficiently as it normally would. the jetski equivalent to spinning tires in your car.

Before you post use the search feature. there are many posts about this all over the forum and im sure there are even some how tos. take your time and parooze the forum. there is a wealth of knowledge and it will save everyone time

Back to the Polaris forum rustyrider. I need waveraider specific info. You should have quoted that, considering I said it. haha

IT IS SAME BASIC INFO .. this can be preformed in your garage after removing the pump.. wear limit is .024 .. some ss liners wear faster than impellers and vice verse.. really depends on the amount of debries and sand you've prossesed.. you can also get a plastic liner installed into your housing(needs cutting) and get a real nice fit , thou they wear quicker than the ss units.. you would have the 144 pump so its a simple disassembly.. just be carefull to not force those bolts or they could break..

haha welcome to the hulk dustin! ya um... 500 just took the words right out of my mouth. the 144 is really easy to work on. you got lucky, the 143 and the 145 are a pita. haha just watch out for those bolts

Thanks 500. Do you know how much I should be looking to spend on replacement parts for this with the ss liner?

talk to MPEAVLER on prices he's bought for the 144 mm pump and the 155 just the other day..

NOTE: ether/ or of your liner and impeller maybe fine
    before taking it apart. get a long feeler gauge and check the gap in various spots along the blade and wall, if any are bigger than that say .020 you have room for improvement.. once the pump is apart, you can check the liner with a streight edge and determine what may need changing..

+1
    PM sent back

Thread Information