Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riding Glasses

+1

Riding Glasses

I love Oakleys. I have a huge collection. When I ride, I pop on a pair of:

I LOVE the way they feel, and no other sunglasses hug my face at 65 like these do. While crusing the Oakley site I found the water jackets:

Does/ have anyone used these? any info? Thoughts?

+1
    i used to wear sunglasses, but the BEST BEST BEST thirty bucks i ever spent was on the big oakley goggles - ocean riding with great visibility and no burn from all the salt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwcbabe View Post
    i used to wear sunglasses, but the BEST BEST BEST thirty bucks i ever spent was on the big oakley goggles - ocean riding with great visibility and no burn from all the salt.
    I was also looking at the goggles. I don't wear a helmet, so I was thinking "goggles" might be a bit much. I like to blend in, that's why I was considering the $250 model

anyone else have a good pair/make of sunglasses? DO they all get salt residue caked onto the lense in salt water or are there any tricks? Wearing contact lenses and riding in the salt water is not fun..

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    i know there are threads on this..

i used WileyX glasses.

+1
    Since buying my ski in '02, I've developed a fetish for cheap sunglasses. No matter where I go - walmart, gas station, target - I'm always cruising the sunglasses section. I lose them and drop them in the water so often I figure it's best to have half a dozen at any given time.

You know if you buy an expensive pair you'll drop them in the water. Just buy some cheapies!

www.seaspecs.com

Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Since buying my ski in '02, I've developed a fetish for cheap sunglasses. No matter where I go - walmart, gas station, target - I'm always cruising the sunglasses section. I lose them and drop them in the water so often I figure it's best to have half a dozen at any given time.

You know if you buy an expensive pair you'll drop them in the water. Just buy some cheapies!
    If you have a Joe's Outdoors near you (used to be GI Joe's) swing in there. I got a pair of polariized/floating sunglasses that don't look half bad for $16. They block the wind real well and I haven't lost them yet in two years.

+1
    i use $10 glasses from walmart with the reflective tint. if i lose them or they get rusted due to salt water i can just throw them away. plus the reflective tint allows me to check out girls while idling through our party spot without them knowing.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I love Oakleys too. I feel the water jackets are awfully expensive for just riding and nothing else. I have Pro M's M magnesiums and Radars to name a few. The goggles are nice but a little bulky for lake riding. I took a keychain floatie that has the foam hollow segments and cut it apart and put one on each arm to make them float. The only thing you have to be careful of is the lense seperating from the frame during an impact. I want a pair of the Jawbones since the lenses locks into place.

Kinda like this but I only use the foam segments on the arms of the glasses. One segment on each arm will float the glasses. The hard part is find the black foam so they blend into the glasses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chisco%20floating%20sunglass%20strap.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	131482  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information