Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    canadianRxtX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    364

    Might be getting Triton LT 2 place trailer.. Any expereince with one???

    Hey guys.. I have always had triton single trailers. Right now I have had my Elite for 3 seasons and it kicks a$$. But I want to expand my fleet to a GTI or wake model ideally.. so I dont run up the hours on my precious TX too so fast . I am looking at the Triton LT 2 place specifically. (ideally i would go for the elite two place.. but I can get a good deal/trade for the LT) So what are your experiences with it? Thanks for any info.


  2. #2
    785xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    897
    +1
    7
    Will you sell me your single trailer? I am in London. Send me a PM.

    Where are you located? I might be able to help you get a deal on a double.

    Mike

  3. #3
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,576
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianRxtX View Post
    Hey guys. I have always had Triton single trailers. Right now I have had my Elite for 3 seasons and it kicks a$$.
    ...I am looking at the Triton LT 2 place specifically. (ideally i would go for the elite two place.. but I can get a good deal/trade for the LT) So what are your experiences with it? Thanks for any info.
    I have a Triton Elite WC-II double, and an LT-WC1 single.

    Once you have used a torsion suspension trailer like the Triton Elite, all the rest seem rather crude.

    Leaf spring trailers, like the Triton LT, tend to rattle and bang every time you pass over a bump or rough ground. The overall trailer ride is bouncier with leaf springs, while the torsion suspension tends to smooth things out.

    If I recall correctly, the hardware (bolts, nuts, etc) on a non-Elite Triton are not Stainless Steel, it is galvanized.

    There are other differences, like a shorter frame and tongue, and less load capacity rating.

    Bow winch may be different too, don't recall exactly.

    The total LT-WCII trailer width is spec'ed narrower than the Elite, but I don't know if that means the bunk centers are closer together...

    You can compare the specs on the Triton web site.

  4. #4
    canadianRxtX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I have a Triton Elite WC-II double, and an LT-WC1 single.

    Once you have used a torsion suspension trailer like the Triton Elite, all the rest seem rather crude.

    Leaf spring trailers, like the Triton LT, tend to rattle and bang every time you pass over a bump or rough ground. The overall trailer ride is bouncier with leaf springs, while the torsion suspension tends to smooth things out.

    If I recall correctly, the hardware (bolts, nuts, etc) on a non-Elite Triton are not Stainless Steel, it is galvanized.

    There are other differences, like a shorter frame and tongue, and less load capacity rating.

    Bow winch may be different too, don't recall exactly.

    The total LT-WCII trailer width is spec'ed narrower than the Elite, but I don't know if that means the bunk centers are closer together...

    You can compare the specs on the Triton web site.

    Thanks for the info. Im not too concerned about the hardware being galvanized.. that will be fine for fresh water use. Actually I like the fact that it is about 6" narrower then the elite double, I have a very tight space to fit it in so that room matters! I know I am going to miss the torsion axle... but I have wide beach tires for it and they really help smooth out the bumps especially if you run then a little on the soft side!

    All in all I would go for the elite double, but for the deal I have it soudns like I dont want to pass it up.

  5. #5
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,576
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianRxtX View Post
    ...I like the fact that it is about 6" narrower then the elite double, I have a very tight space to fit it in so that room matters!...
    Make sure there is room for the width of the two PWC hulls you plan to put on it, plus some clearance between them.

    That is why I mentioned the bunk center to bunk center dimension.

    You cannot shift the winch towers sideways, so the spacing between the tower centers is essentially the width of the bunk centers.

    1/2 of the width of one PWC, plus 1/2 the width of the other PWC, plus a couple of inches clearance between them. The double trailer bunk spacing must be equal or greater.

  6. #6
    canadianRxtX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Make sure there is room for the width of the two PWC hulls you plan to put on it, plus some clearance between them.

    That is why I mentioned the bunk center to bunk center dimension.

    You cannot shift the winch towers sideways, so the spacing between the tower centers is essentially the width of the bunk centers.

    1/2 of the width of one PWC, plus 1/2 the width of the other PWC, plus a couple of inches clearance between them. The double trailer bunk spacing must be equal or greater.
    Ill check it out. I think he said he had two three seaters on there.. and the seadoo huls arent as wide as some of the others I think kawis are alot wider. I think the Elite double has more width in between because some guys put a board to step on. I could barely fit the elite in where i need.. i have about 107" clearance

  7. #7
    Moderator boataddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,822
    +1
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    .

    If I recall correctly, the hardware (bolts, nuts, etc) on a non-Elite Triton are not Stainless Steel, it is galvanized.
    When purchasing a Triton Elite trailer in Canada in most cases it will have an LT winchstand. The company that imports Tritons into Canada does not feel that the Elite Winchstand is worth the extra cost.
    Due to this the winchstand will not have stainless fasteners, winch covers or the larger blue bow stops.

  8. #8
    canadianRxtX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    When purchasing a Triton Elite trailer in Canada in most cases it will have an LT winchstand. The company that imports Tritons into Canada does not feel that the Elite Winchstand is worth the extra cost.
    Due to this the winchstand will not have stainless fasteners, winch covers or the larger blue bow stops.
    Ah good to know. Thanks. So the LT and the Elite have the same gauge frame tubing and everything else.. the differences being the LT have the leaf susp, non stainless hardware.. and lower end steel wheels? IS that about it? As long as the frame/structure is the same im happy . I oil my trailer too so the hardware will stay new looking

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianRxtX View Post
    Ah good to know. Thanks. So the LT and the Elite have the same gauge frame tubing and everything else.. the differences being the LT have the leaf susp, non stainless hardware.. and lower end steel wheels? IS that about it? As long as the frame/structure is the same im happy . I oil my trailer too so the hardware will stay new looking
    The frame is different. I compared the WC-2 to the Elite before I bought
    my Elite. The frame rails are much larger on the Elite. My Elite cost me $250
    more than the WC-2. Bought from GH Forum member "Shhh" , Scott was great to deal with.

    Russ

  10. #10
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,576
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    When purchasing a Triton Elite trailer in Canada in most cases it will have an LT winchstand.

    The company that imports Tritons into Canada does not feel that the Elite Winchstand is worth the extra cost.

    Due to this the winchstand will not have stainless fasteners, winch covers or the larger blue bow stops.
    I know the 'Ontario imported' winch is the basic non-Elite LT style, but isn't the adjustable welded aluminum winch post itself the same piece on both LT and Elite US models?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB WTB Triton LT WC-1 Trailer In Illinois/Inidana Area
    By Speed_Freak_039A in forum Trailer Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 09:44 PM
  2. WTB Triton LT WC-1 Trailer In Illinois/Inidana Area
    By Speed_Freak_039A in forum Towing and Trailers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 06:42 PM
  3. 2009 FZS & 2009 Triton Elite 2 Place Trailer For Sale
    By Cohiba262 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 07:05 PM
  4. Sea Doo might be getting sued!!!!
    By gkya blazin in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 11:05 AM
  5. Might be getting this XP!
    By Cyclone268 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 04:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •