Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ultra Steering for Offshore

Wondering which steering system is best for offshore a UMI steering or a TBM offshore steering kit??

From the info I have gathered here most people have suggested the tbm steering kit as it is adjustable for height by changing out the stems/tubes.
    I believe there are two different length tubes and both offer some further adjustment once installed.

I personally use the UMI steering kit and have found it perfect for me offshore. To give you an idea I'm 6'1"

Shane

I use the TBM. IT's adjustable to taller, and shorter. I've seen the Macc racing single pole setup, I'm not sure what length his are, maybe he sells 2 different sizes. I did an experiment with the TBM setup. I've used the taller bars (I'm 6'3), and I've never had an issue. I would get some arm pump with the tall bars.
    I then on my last race, swapped them out, and used the shorter tubes! I noticed my palms getting a pounding.

I've never used the UMI setup...I've seen the G-Force & Warner boats. They use UMI..I dont think you can go wrong with either setup. The TBM may give you a little more adjustability..Surprised UMI have not gone this route!

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    I use the TBM. IT's adjustable to taller, and shorter. I've seen the Macc racing single pole setup, I'm not sure what length his are, maybe he sells 2 different sizes. I did an experiment with the TBM setup. I've used the taller bars (I'm 6'3), and I've never had an issue. I would get some arm pump with the tall bars.
    I then on my last race, swapped them out, and used the shorter tubes! I noticed my palms getting a pounding.

I've never used the UMI setup...I've seen the G-Force & Warner boats. They use UMI..I dont think you can go wrong with either setup. The TBM may give you a little more adjustability..Surprised UMI have not gone this route!

you would be the foremost expert on this being on the cover of PWI and winning the Hahn 300

Banned User
    for offshore actually TBM. umi is to low. TBM concetp is relly good
    i am using handlebars from husqvarna motocross. there are much ergonomic for rough then star bar.

Thanks for the input. Dubz1 how does your ultra handle with the TBM offshore steering?? Have you had any problems or issues with the TBM offshore steering?

Quote Originally Posted by kawidooguy780 View Post
    Thanks for the input. Dubz1 how does your ultra handle with the TBM offshore steering?? Have you had any problems or issues with the TBM offshore steering?
    It handles fine with the TBM stearing. I did have one issue...During 1 race, the bolts under neath hoding the "NECK" which holds the handlebars came loose. More than likely my fault. Gotta go over the ski often.. Make sure things are LOCTITE!
    Other than that..SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by kawidooguy780 View Post
    Wondering which steering system is best for offshore a UMI steering or a TBM offshore steering kit??

Where are you riding offshore? Location? West coast?

I"m trying to get into offshore I'm like around the San Fran Area

go with TBM

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information