Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1

    Ultra Steering for Offshore

    Wondering which steering system is best for offshore a UMI steering or a TBM offshore steering kit??


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24
    From the info I have gathered here most people have suggested the tbm steering kit as it is adjustable for height by changing out the stems/tubes.
    I believe there are two different length tubes and both offer some further adjustment once installed.

    I personally use the UMI steering kit and have found it perfect for me offshore. To give you an idea I'm 6'1"

    Shane

  3. #3
    Dubz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,509
    I use the TBM. IT's adjustable to taller, and shorter. I've seen the Macc racing single pole setup, I'm not sure what length his are, maybe he sells 2 different sizes. I did an experiment with the TBM setup. I've used the taller bars (I'm 6'3), and I've never had an issue. I would get some arm pump with the tall bars.
    I then on my last race, swapped them out, and used the shorter tubes! I noticed my palms getting a pounding.

    I've never used the UMI setup...I've seen the G-Force & Warner boats. They use UMI..I dont think you can go wrong with either setup. The TBM may give you a little more adjustability..Surprised UMI have not gone this route!

  4. #4
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    I use the TBM. IT's adjustable to taller, and shorter. I've seen the Macc racing single pole setup, I'm not sure what length his are, maybe he sells 2 different sizes. I did an experiment with the TBM setup. I've used the taller bars (I'm 6'3), and I've never had an issue. I would get some arm pump with the tall bars.
    I then on my last race, swapped them out, and used the shorter tubes! I noticed my palms getting a pounding.

    I've never used the UMI setup...I've seen the G-Force & Warner boats. They use UMI..I dont think you can go wrong with either setup. The TBM may give you a little more adjustability..Surprised UMI have not gone this route!

    you would be the foremost expert on this being on the cover of PWI and winning the Hahn 300

  5. #5
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    413
    for offshore actually TBM. umi is to low. TBM concetp is relly good
    i am using handlebars from husqvarna motocross. there are much ergonomic for rough then star bar.

  6. #6
    Thanks for the input. Dubz1 how does your ultra handle with the TBM offshore steering?? Have you had any problems or issues with the TBM offshore steering?

  7. #7
    Dubz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,509
    Quote Originally Posted by kawidooguy780 View Post
    Thanks for the input. Dubz1 how does your ultra handle with the TBM offshore steering?? Have you had any problems or issues with the TBM offshore steering?
    It handles fine with the TBM stearing. I did have one issue...During 1 race, the bolts under neath hoding the "NECK" which holds the handlebars came loose. More than likely my fault. Gotta go over the ski often.. Make sure things are LOCTITE!
    Other than that..SWEET!

  8. #8
    Dubz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,509
    Quote Originally Posted by kawidooguy780 View Post
    Wondering which steering system is best for offshore a UMI steering or a TBM offshore steering kit??

    Where are you riding offshore? Location? West coast?

  9. #9
    I"m trying to get into offshore I'm like around the San Fran Area

  10. #10
    go with TBM

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PWCOFFSHORE.COM rates the ULTRA 310 as the #1 craft to own for offshore for 2015
    By Socaloffshore in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2015, 08:42 AM
  2. New RIVA lower steering for Ultra 250/260/300 Ultra's
    By Green Hulk in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 05:32 PM
  3. ULTRA gets positive press for OFFSHORE Racing in RIDE Magazine Article (online Mag)
    By Socaloffshore in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 12:30 PM
  4. TBM Racing Ultra 250X Adjustable Offshore Steering System
    By TBM-Racing in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
  5. WTB: UMI steering for an '01 Ultra 150
    By atl750sx in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 11:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •