Question about gasket

Could the gasket that is put in place in the exhaust when you add the jetworks mod have failed on the ski when the hose from the pump to the jetworks valve blew and the exhaust ran hot enough to melt the black water tank? I can't get the rpms up to what some are turning even after going to a 14/23 prop? I don't want to go and start tearing stuff apart without ideas from the ones who has experience with this stuff
    Thanks

+1
    If the gasket failed, it would leak water externally (in the hull) or internally (in the waterbox) so thats not your problem. How low are your rpms?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    that gasket gets cooled from the stinger side of the exuast it is fine. Plus it also has metal in it they are bullet proof.

To bad I didn't wait a lil longer and read your post Jim. Yes it is fine, I just pulled off the pipe and it is just as good as it was in the box. Now to put all that crap back together. And just think the doctor told me today to rest my arm a lil longer.

Ellie,
    Did the hose burst, or did it blow loose from a fitting? I'm just now putting mine back together. I noticed that syphon hose cuts like butter. Sorry to hear about this.
    I'm off wednesday about 14:00. If you need help doing anything, pm me.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    hello howestek, Do not use the syphon hose like the instruction say They burst. Use high pressure hose.

Quote Originally Posted by jims 1300
    hello howestek, Do not use the syphon hose like the instruction say They burst. Use high pressure hose.
    Jim,
    Thanks for watching out .
    Luckily, though, I had read of someone else having a problem with this hose so I bought some 1/2" braided 200psi(75 deg. F) from Lowes and replaced it. If I have a hose problem, it will probably be either a fitting coming loose, or the outlet hose. I will replace the "outlet" hose next chance I get, but I don't think it is as critical as the inlet hose in terms of pressure. I'll be finding out pretty soon, anyway.

I believe that JW will be including about 4.5' of stronger 1/2" hose in the future for this particular kit. They are discussing it.

Thanks again.

Jim is correct on that Howestek. That siphon hose is not able to withstand pressure for any amount of time. I had one burst open and one in Miss. Lucky I was close enough to the landing and I think my duckbills saved me from sinking it

Dang it is fun working on the ski in the early hours of the morning and people wondering WTF is going on

Thread Information