What parts are needed to make 12F to 15F?

I have a 12f motor and all the electrics from a 15F, so what do I change on the 12 to make it a 15? I have a parts head, complete from a 15 so the cams are there. Parts phish show the crank and rods are the same PN. Cylinder has an A for the 15, assume because of bore. Pistons had same number, I must have read that wrong as I think the only diff in the motors is bore. I again assume the throttle body and injectors are different. What about intake and exhaust?

Tim

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSRacing View Post
    I have a 12f motor and all the electrics from a 15F, so what do I change on the 12 to make it a 15? I have a parts head, complete from a 15 so the cams are there. Parts phish show the crank and rods are the same PN. Cylinder has an A for the 15, assume because of bore. Pistons had same number, I must have read that wrong as I think the only diff in the motors is bore. I again assume the throttle body and injectors are different. What about intake and exhaust?

Tim
    Hate to be the one saying this,

But it belongs in general/ performance section

That way we keep sections clean

waz

sorry to tell you Your fish is wrong, crank & rods are different pistons are same bore but compression will be higher when used in 15f, injectors are same manifold is different but that dont matter ecu is different I have some ecus if that helps..

Todd

P.S Warren is correct....
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSRacing View Post

Tim

Thanks, the fish was on Babbits site. I will dig a little more.

Sorry about the post, the mods can move it. The section is no-longer titled 250 performance just 4 stroke performace and going up in CC is performance. I saw post about viberation, gauge conversions, and warranty issues and thought it fit.

+1
    Nobody has a clue where this post should go.

How do you like the new and improved GH site?

Yes, it could fit in several sections. I am here to learn and help those with the things I learned through decades of broken parts. I guess the best help the first responder could do is flame. Oh well, time to let the post die........

Thread Information