Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

still no vts ........what now ?

my 96 xp 800 is giving me vts issues. water came in through the shaft boot, rotted the motor basically over time. got new motor, and still nothin. when i push the vts button all i hear is a click coming from the vts moduel. is it bad? do i need a new one ? can i test it ? is there a fuse back there ?

+1
    I believe there is a 7.5 amp fuse somewhere on it (in the rear e-box, perhaps) that may be blown.

If it blows as soon as you put it in/turn on the boat/hit the trim switch, then the box is likely bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    I believe there is a 7.5 amp fuse somewhere on it (in the rear e-box, perhaps) that may be blown.

If it blows as soon as you put it in/turn on the boat/hit the trim switch, then the box is likely bad too.

Yep def a fuse back there. It took me a bit to find it since the enclosure its in doesn't really look like a fuse box.

+1
    If you need one let me know. I have a three plug like yours that I was going to re-wire for my XPL (which takes a two plug box, though they are the same otherwise).

so where is this fuse ? do i have to take the entire trim box out to get to it ? and if it was blown, would i still hear a click when the vts buttin is pressed ?

+1
    Yes. I had a bad box on my old '95 XP and it was blowing the fuse. With the fuse blown it would click but not do anything. Plug in a new fuse=pop. My XPL did the same thing but it dried out and started working again but it drains the battery and the gauge quite working.

It is not in the trim box, it is in the box where the coils and stuff are. It is two wires that go to a black rubber thing. Pull the cap off the thing and the fuse is in there.

It is number 9 on the diagram.
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....e=13&A=35&B=10

It is the 7.5, not the 15.

awesome help guys. i will try it first thing tomorrow after work and see what the deal is. worst case is the rear vts unit is bad, what are you loking to get for your box krunch? thanks again for the info so far !

+1
    YHPM

well i'm back up running ! vts is good as new. all i need is a new boot for the vts shaft. mine was rotten like crazy. switched the fuse out and whammy, vts is alive again. definately have to replace that boot. thanks guys for all the help ! so where can i get a new boot ?? and will stainless hose clamps work or will it tear the boot ?

+1
    Dealer. Get new plastic clamps too. Metal will tear the boot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information