Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oil Change Price

Ok yeah I know I can change it myself without alot of grief, but I have a 5 year warranty and dont really want to risk them saying something about me doing it myself.

Now back to the topic, I am pretty sure I just got bent over. I took the 250x to get the oil changed after sitting for the winter. The dealer charged me $113, I was shocked. I never thought to even really ask how much it would be up front.

I took it to this dealer because its my home town dealer, I like the people, and I bought it there. There is a Kawi dealer closer to my parents lake where the jetski lives and I called them after getting bent over to see what their price is. They quoted me $82 out the door, much better but still alot imo considering my mom gets her Lexus oil changed for less and they come get her car and give her a loaner.

What is the typical going rate?

+1
    But there are thousands more lexus mechanics out there compared to specialized kawasaki ski mechanics and I do believe ski mechanics make a lot more $ per hour than auto mechanics.

Maybe someone should invent a jiffy lube on high traffic lakes. (then again, maybe that's a bad idea. "you need new wipers and an air filter")

$113 sounds about right.

+1
    Get the AMSOIL 10w-40 Synthetic Marine Oil and do it for half the price and do it your self then you know it is done right. http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...storefront/wcf

Become a preferred customer and save about 30% off retail.
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...n/preferredapp

looks like you'll be changing your oil next time haha, $113 bones for an oil change is pretty shitty.

I agree..DIY

Buy an oil sucker, Amsoil, and do it yourself. It's NOT very difficult at all. The sucker will cost ya $50.00 (1 time cost), then Amsoil will cost you maybe $30 bucks for 4 qts (i could be wrong). Filter is what 10 bucks. Buy the wrench to remove the filter what another 15 bucks...Now your out 105 bucks.. HOWEVER.. THe remaning changes will cost you ONLY Filter, and Oil...less than 50 bucks...

OK i just bought 4 qts of AMSOIL 10W-40 Marine PowerSports Oil and AMSOIL Ea series filter. Oil, Filter, Shipping, Taxes cost $69.20. My dealer will do an oil change for $55 but thats standard, non-synthetic oil.

Talking

you have to do it your self , my dealer put 1.5 quarts too much . they dont know what they are doing. and the cart they wanted to put my brand new boat on had four big bolts that would have scrached the shit out of my hull. bottom line the dealers suck.

I'm like you guys I want to do my own and not get ripped by the dealer.
    But I'm looking at how DarkShadow is seeing it. I also have the 4 year warranty added on one of my ski's. If I start changing my own oil and start needing warranty work how do you guy's think this is going to work out? Are they going to start saying I did'nt bring it in for maint and give me a hard time?
    I did get the first 10hr change with them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information