Smile how do i increase idle speed on efi vx110???

How on a vx110 2006 model do you increase the idle rpm,I have one thats Idling way low.it runs and accelerates fine but wont start or hold idle unless you open throttle slightly.it runs great except for this.Do I need to buy an efi setting tool or???thanks I know my way around seadoo and all other two strokes,am new to 4 strokes,thanks in advance>Marvin

Moderated
    surely there is a idle screw type adjuster on the throttle bodies.....

have a look in the how to section for a vx110 manual, we have most yami manuals posted up the top there and it will have info on that area.....

hope this helps.

+1

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    surely there is a idle screw type adjuster on the throttle bodies.....

have a look in the how to section for a vx110 manual, we have most yami manuals posted up the top there and it will have info on that area.....

hope this helps.

yes ,on side it's got a lock nut

cd

+1
    For idle adjustment, The spec for it 1550-1750rpm ... thats with the craft in the water and the engine at operating temperature.
    Just check you have free play at throttle lever as a first check .. .016-.028 inch is the gap at the lever. See owners manual for gap area pic !
    I have the manual in my signature below. there should be stop on the TB.
    I would also look at the slack in the throttle cable. Adjustments attached below. Idle speed should be 1550-1750 in the water
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2.png 
Views:	235 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	126563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	126564  

Smile

Thanks bunches I just missed the adjustment on throttle body,its not at all like sho 2007 where its right there under filter cover.I'm going back today and will find it,I'm betting the injectors are a little dirty,it belongs to a spanish dentist from houston who has no inkling of maint.He figured he would have me change oil and filter,that since its was running rough last yr. he told me only to change oil and filter,nothing about it running or idling rough.then easter sunday phone rings my wr wont run properly??what did I do???well when a customer tells me to only do a certain repair thats all they get unless I can talk them into it.Well thanks so much guys I'll get it done now with your help.I was just curious if you needed yamaha diag tool like you do for new seadoos?or if you can get buy with a good multi meter like we have for years.Thanks much I really appreciate the help!!!>Marvin

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    yes ,on side it's got a lock nut

cd
    The only thing on the side of this one is a black plastic cover with 2 wires going into it,this is a 2006 vx110.looks like its just a naked throttle butterfly with two wires connecting to it. except manual calls it a throttle body,on all the other ho /sho I have always seen the idle screw, on the vx110 it has throttle cable going to accelerator position sensor with two wires going from that to throttle body.is it under that black plastic cover with 4 screws that has white paint on them???thanks again.I just swapped spark plugs on it,The two I originally pulled and looked at were fine, the two I didnt pull were black and sooty.so I guess you never assume that all 4 plugs are good without pulling all 4.I thought that at only 26 hrs a fourstrokes plugs would be fine!!live and learnThanks again my friends<and its idling at 1650 out of water.all ok now>Marvin

Thread Information