Rxt transom block off plate question

Sup guys/gals,

Just received my PPG block off plate for the OPAS T in the center of the transom above the driveshaft from PPG. It came with a plate and rubber seal. I am going to completely remove the T and use this plate to cover the void as I've found that although I have the nipple blocked off and the l/r hoses connected together, water still leaks from there.

I wanted to get some feedback from those who have the ppg block off plate mounted. Did you use any sealer to mount it? I was thinking to just mount it w/o the gasket and just use some 3m sealant, bolt it up and call it a day.

For those that did use the gasket, did you use any sealant at all, and if so, where? Both sides of the gasket, between the hull and plate or what? Does it need any sealant at all?

Thanks!

PICS of B/O plate and gasket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BLOCK OFF PLATE.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	316.5 KB 
ID:	126595  

+1
    Pinoy I would put some Right Stuff on that thing and then mount it up.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Oh man i must be behind the times. I thought i was still the only one who made that piece. Wow someone finally stepped up to do opas blockoffs for the 3 seaters without doing it half assed. Now if they could only figure out how to offer that with a $330 set of RE block offs.

I agree throw some rightstuff on there and slap it on bro.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    Oh man i must be behind the times. I thought i was still the only one who made that piece. Wow someone finally stepped up to do opas blockoffs for the 3 seaters without doing it half assed. Now if they could only figure out how to offer that with a $330 set of RE block offs.

I think PPG has been making this since around 2003, as far as I know they were making OPAS block-offs before anyone else but were soon copied by the big shop up the road that mass produces them. I put a little silicone on the gasket when I installed that plate on mine as a little insurance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTXX View Post
    I think PPG has been making this since around 2003, as far as I know they were making OPAS block-offs before anyone else but were soon copied by the big shop up the road that mass produces them. I put a little silicone on the gasket when I installed that plate on mine as a little insurance.
    This is the first time i've ever seen the block off for the t-valve on the 3 seaters. If they had it they didn't have it on their website back then because i made one of these for my 03 GTX SC, my 06 RXT and for a few forum members. Mine uses the stock gasket. I couldn't believe that when i got my REs they didn't come with one but hey i'm proud to have parts on my ski that i made myself.

yeah, they have never exploited their website well enough and made it easy to find anything. I think back in the day it was in a pic of their block offs.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post

I should've done a better search...I didn't know you made them. Would've thrown some business your way. Thx anyway though.

Indeed this block off isn't sold by itself on their website. It's part of their whole b/o package. I found out about it after discovering a leak and reading all of the leak related threads I could find with search.

I called PPG and spoke to Armin and he was able to sell the block off plate for $18 + shipping. Very fair price I think.

So, it's in there now, just finished bolting the pump back in. I smeared a thin coat on both sides of the gasket. Looks good so far. Too bad I can't hit the water till WED next week. ARRGGGHHH!!!!

Thanks for all of the help guys!

+1
    Awesome man!

+1
    I never really sold any i just gave them away. I made a bunch by hand out of 1/8th inch aluminum that was originally a highway sign lol. I use a friends shear once in a while to make these block offs and rectifier brackets.

Thread Information