Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

All I wanted to do was ride today!!!

So I haven't been able to take my RXT out for the season yet due to insanely cold weather and finally we had a break today.

Started her up two days ago... started like a champ!

Put it on the trailer about an hour ago and went to get everything ready for the ride I was going to take. Just because I am cautious I went to start it up before leaving and it gave me the two beeps, all seemed normal, hit the start button and nothing happened.... ok....

Then I noticed the cluster turned off like there was no key in it. Pulled the key off the DESS post and put it back on, the SEA-DOO thing came up, no beep, no fuel level, nothing but SEA-DOO.... then the two needles went all the way forward and are stuck in the most extreme positions(Like the MPH are maxed and the RPM's are all the way maxed...)

Pulled the key, the needles remained there and now the story is every time I put the key on the post I don't get any beeps, sometimes I get a SEA-DOO message and sometimes I get a blank screen like I didn't put a key in at all...

Tried the learning key to see if the problem was the key, no difference.

Put the battery on a trickle charger and it immediately showed a 100% charge.... so I let it sit on it for 20-30 minutes anyways and am getting no change...

Is the DESS post dead?
    Is there a problem with the MPEM??

Where would you guys start and what is the cheapest option to getting this thing fixed cause I am definitely strapped for cash and don't want to bring it back and forth to the stealer all summer long while he rapes me for my cash trying endless solutions with no good results???

+1
    Start checking fuses. One microbe of contamination and your toast.

this would be a shot in the dark but the first thing I would try is pulling all the connections and blowing them out , it could just be some moisture from sitting all winter , was it inside or out and was it covered , seat on ?
    that might give you some place to start until you get a better suggestion and it doesn't cost anything .

Tried that Wolfe... didn't work unfortunately.

Skip... What do u mean by contamination and checking the fuses??
    What am I looking for? Where are my fuses??

+1
    There are 2 main fuses in the wiring harness attached to the side of the mpem by the starter sylinoid. Pull those fuses and check for corrosion. If you see any clean the connections and replace the fuses.

+1
    The fuse box is by the mpem on the left side of the ski. Check the fuses to see if they are blown or corroded.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    jaycee... are you still running the original battery? I know it showed signs of being charged, but it couldn't hurt to try another battery... even if you use a car battery with jumper cables or a portable jumper box. Just stay away from using a plugged in "battery charger" or "running car" to jump it.

I had three (yes three) batteries fail last year and they gave the exact symptoms as you are describing. In my case, the batteries failed internally and would not provide enough current to power up the ski... but they did check good on a voltmeter.

Hope you find the gremlin soon,

Jeff

Alright.... well I checked all the fuses and all of them looked great. I switched out the battery that was in it for a battery that I had in another ski(Yami 800) and the cluster worked for the first time since this morning!!!

But the bad new.... every time I hit the start button the engine doesn't try to turn over and all I get is a click click click.....

Is this battery dead or did I forget to hook something up???

+1
    Battery is too weak...not enough Cold cranking amps. I would try (like previously suggested) to run some jumper cables to a known good car battery. You'll probably get your beeps and be able to start. Just be sure to have good connections between your cables and posts.

+1
    Def sounds like your battery.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information