Need 2000 Polaris Virage Electrical Box pic

Hi

I am in need of a picture of the inside of a 2000 Polaris Vriage Electrical Box showing the wire connections.

If anyone post or put me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Welcome to Greenhulk look at the website it may tell you all you need to know.. Cya Slick

http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

+1
    sadams, Welcome to Green Hulk!

Nearly all the wires are color coded and connect to a wire/terminal of the same color.
    What are you trying to repair?
    There are service manuals in the Polaris tech section.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk!

Click here for the Polaris Service manuals, and other useful info. There are wiring diagrams in the Service Manuals.

Between the wiring diagram and the color coding marked inside the electrical box terminal board, you should be able to see where each wire goes.

Note that there was a Service Bulletin (PWC-00-05) which changed the wiring slightly from the factory configuration.

This change is marked in the Service Manual, and the wiring diagram PDF, and the Service Bulletin PDF.

re: Need 2000 Polaris Virage Electrical Box pic

It is just one wire I am worried about. I pulled it off but didn't really pay close attention because there are two places near each other where I could have pulled it from - right near the two fuses that meet each other at 90 deg.

I did download the service manual but there is not enough detail to see where the individual wires go.

A rookie mistake...hmmm... a pic would be great.

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sadams123 View Post
    It is just one wire I am worried about. I pulled it off but didn't really pay close attention because there are two places near each other where I could have pulled it from - right near the two fuses that meet each other at 90 deg...
    What color is the wire?

Where does the other end of the wire go?

re(2): Need 2000 Polaris Virage Electrical Box pic

It is Red with a Purple stripe. It comes into the box from a main harness which looks like from the starter switch.

I put it on the part of the terminal board with 2 orange wires and a fuse but I think it should be connected to another (adjacent) part of the terminal board that has another fuse (at 90 deg) and two other Red with Purple stripe wires. They are the same colour after all and would be on the same plate...this seems to ne the logical place.

However I really hate having any doubt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sadams123 View Post
    It is Red with a Purple stripe. It comes into the box from a main harness which looks like from the starter switch.

I put it on the part of the terminal board with 2 orange wires and a fuse but I think it should be connected to another (adjacent) part of the terminal board that has another fuse (at 90 deg) and two other Red with Purple stripe wires. They are the same color after all and would be on the same plate...this seems to me the logical place...
    Red/Purple is the main 12 volt power feed wire color.

All the Red/Purple wires should be connected together, with the exception of the CDI module's Red/Purple (which doesn't exit the electrical box).

Move the Red/Purple wire to the other location (marked in red in your post above).

The Orange wires and fuse feed the bilge pump.

Thanks, for the info. Moved the wire to where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Red/Purple is the main 12 volt power feed wire color.

All the Red/Purple wires should be connected together, with the exception of the CDI module's Red/Purple (which doesn't exit the electrical box).

Move the Red/Purple wire to the other location (marked in red in your post above).

The Orange wires and fuse feed the bilge pump.

Thread Information