Thread: Obama and guns

+1

Obama and guns

Thought some of you gun owners would like to check this out.
    If you are a gun owner and voted for Obama, you really need to check this out.

Another smooth move………………to the left

And before you know it we have lost it all
    Barack 0bama is on track to eliminate shooting hobbies, evenif it breaks the Country. Thanks to all of you who voted for him.
    Sooner or later he'll get around to something that affects YOU.

This is breaking news....

Georgia Arms is the 5th largest retailer of .223 Ammo in America.(they sell 9 mm, .45, etc) They normally buy spent brass from the US
    Dept of Defense - 'one time used' shell casings by our Military fromtraining on Military bases, etc. They buy the brass and then re-load
    for resale to Law Enforcement, Gun Shops, Gun Clubs, etc.

They normally buy 30,000 lbs of spent brass at a time.

This week the DoD (Dept of Defense) wrote a letter to the owner of Georgia Arms and saidthat from now on the DoD will be destroying the brass - shredding it.It is no longer available to the Ammo makers - unless they just buy itin a scrap condition (which they have no use for). By The Way Thebrass is NOW going to be sold by the DoD to China as scrap - For lessmoney than Ammo manufacturers have been paying for the shells beforeprocessing to destroy. That sure helps the US economy now, doesn'tit? Sell cheaper to China - and do not sell shells at all to a provenUS business. Any agenda working here?

The Georgia Arms owner even related a story that one of hiscompetitors had already purchased a load of brass last week - and theDoD contacted him this week and said they were sending someone over tomake sure it was destroyed. Shell Casings he had already bought! THE
    BRASS HAS NO VALUE TO THE AMMO MAKER IF IT ISDESTROYED/SHREDDED/MELTED. HE ONLY USES IT TO RELOAD DIFFERENT
    CALIBERS - MAINLY .223 BULLETS.

Georgia Arms owner says that he will have to lay off at least Half of his 60Workers, within 2 - 3 months if the DoD no longer sells their spent
    brass to him. He has 2 - 3 months inventory of shells to use. Bysummer - he's out.

You can read the info and see the DoD letter to Georgia Arms here:

The Shootist Site
    http://www.theshootist.net/
    Georgia Arms Site:
    http://Georgia-arms.com/

I don't think this country will survive 4 years of this in its current condition

Wow. I don't own a gun, but I really don't see why there is such a fear of law-abiding gun owners. Most crimed commited that involve firearms are illegal in the first place...

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    they fear a revolution because they are terrible at their jobs and they know it...lol! But seriously, Spark , you hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    they fear a revolution because they are terrible at their jobs and they know it...lol! But seriously, Spark , you hit the nail on the head.
    Overpopulated deer in my area, and I'm not sure you can even bow hunt here. We kind of need guns here.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    check your local laws here...http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/

On Tuesday, March 17, Georgia Arms posted this message on their website:

Dear Loyal Customers,
    Thanks to your voice, DOD has rescinded the order to mutilate all spent cases as of 4:30 pm on 3/17/09. We appreciate the time and effort that you expended, together we all made a difference. We will be posting the email we received from DOD as well as any additional information within the next 12-16 hours. Thanks so much and lets get to work!!! Georgia Arms

Perhaps the most poignant message received of the many dozens that were posted here was from the wife of a long time employee of Georgia Arms:

"My husband has worked for Ga Arms for about 20 years...We have two kids in college..My husband is 50 years old, I am sitting here trying to come up with ways to reduce our spending and thinking about who would hire a 50 year old man! Please pray for our family! I guess we could sell off all his guns!!"

Thanks to you out there, this lady and many other long-time employees of Georgia Arms and all the other remanufacturers of expended military brass will now continue to be gainfully employed--a part of a productive American work force rather than forced onto the government dole.

There are too many people to thank for helping this occur--everyone pulled together.

But of special note are Larry Haynie, and Tom Gresham, who sent a link to his radio program: http://www.guntalk.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=443576

Caleb of Call Me Ahab alerted us to corroboration by www.AR15.com which has been on this since the beginning, and special thanks to the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (http://www.jpfo.org/), who also broke the news early on with a letter from Gary Marbut,the president of the Montana Shooting Sports Association. He described what was going down, and asked everyone to write Senators Max Baucus and John Tester to demand the DOD rescind this outrageous action against the shooting community--which they did.

David Codrea of The War On Guns leaped into the fray early on with his highly read Gun Rights Examiner columns http://www.examiner.com/x-1417-Gun-R...licy-rescinded

But mainly, it was YOU--the Brotherhood of the Gun--who responded so quickly with cogent, lucid complaints to your political representatives--putting them on notice we would not take such attacks against our sport, avocation, and livelihoods lying down.

It was a quick, massive response. The comments on this blog alone were outraged and rancorous, but never vile--and they worked.

You are the Minutemen of today.

I am proud of you all.

Might be because they are wanting to go to a bigger bullet for military use? Doubt it though. That really sucks. If .223 becomes super expensive I am just going to buy a bigger upper. At least I would getting more punch for my buck.... Damn I need a .22 kit for my ar.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Might be because they are wanting to go to a bigger bullet for military use? Doubt it though. That really sucks. If .223 becomes super expensive I am just going to buy a bigger upper. At least I would getting more punch for my buck.... Damn I need a .22 kit for my ar.
    looks like the 6.8 is the way to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.8 vs 5.56.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	127013  

+1
    Folks, Jerry isn't too hip on political subjects here on GH, even though a bunch of us love our guns. Let's curb the political talk, and keep it in the few threads that are already running.

thanks folks!

EDIT: and I want to thank everyone that posted in keeping it civil up to now!!!!

Thread Information