State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar

'04 SC vs. '06 SC for GTX - Any difference???

Hey guys...thanks in advance.

I recently bought a RUDE1 and 42# injectors for my '04 RXP. I will be putting those on this week sometime. The RXP has an '06 SC instead of the stock '04.

Any reason why this would have gotten changed out?? Is there a performance increase on the '06 versus the '04 SC? More boost??? When up grade my SC with the Rude1, I was considering putting the '06 SC on my son's '04 GTX if there is an advantage of some type.

THANKS.

+1
    orignal SC probably fragged and destroyed the fanblade and SS housing, relatively cheep to buy a used housing to do the required SC rebuild.
    no advantage btw housings, however it is important to make sure you have metal washers or the 08 rebuild kit installed as OEM ceramic washers are what cause the failures to occur.

+1
    or the oem 04 SC was red and the red ones tended to corrode/ paint peel badly. so someone might have painted or swapeed it out for appearance.
    why do you think yours is an 06 not an 04, how do you know?

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Sammy... the '06 had a beefier SC shaft and a lock washer that applied equal force to the circumference of the outer ceramic washer. It had no additional boost. The important thing to note is that a 215hp SCIC charger has a different drive gear than a 185hp SC charger (16 teeth vs. 17 teeth), so the '06 charger out of your '04 RXP will not work on your '04 GTX.

Quote Originally Posted by 05Limited View Post
    Sammy... the '06 had a beefier SC shaft and a lock washer that applied equal force to the circumference of the outer ceramic washer. It had no additional boost. The important thing to note is that a 215hp SCIC charger has a different drive gear than a 185hp SC charger (16 teeth vs. 17 teeth), so the '06 charger out of your '04 RXP will not work on your '04 GTX.
    THANKS. Thats what I was looking for. Didn't realize they were different internally - so that is PERFECT. Thanks.

Answer to earlier question regarding how I know its upgraded - because its black and the previous owner told me that he had upgraded it to an '06.

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderSammy View Post
    Hey guys...thanks in advance.

I recently bought a RUDE1 and 42# injectors for my '04 RXP. I will be putting those on this week sometime. The RXP has an '06 SC instead of the stock '04.

Any reason why this would have gotten changed out?? Is there a performance increase on the '06 versus the '04 SC? More boost??? When up grade my SC with the Rude1, I was considering putting the '06 SC on my son's '04 GTX if there is an advantage of some type.

THANKS.
    i dont think the 42's will be enought with the rude s/c unless u leave every thing else stock air intake and so on

Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    i dont think the 42's will be enought with the rude s/c unless u leave every thing else stock air intake and so on
    SORRY. Bad info...my bad. It's actually an XCharger with the 42's. Sorry. I was thinking of different setup.

Thread Information