oil injection help !!!!

so my 96 xp runs great first off. today when i was cleaning her up and running it on the hose, i noticed that when it was running, and even under some reving, the oil pump cable (?) was not moving at all. is this right ? when it was off, i pulled the throttle and still nothing. that cable was just still as ever. i even grabbed it and pulled the throttle and i felt nothing. i have taken this ski out probably 4-5 times since i pulled the carbs and cleaned the filters. i did put the cables back correctly when i did this. i'm thinking that if i messed up, the motor would have blown on me that day due to no oil. should i just screw it and install a block off plate ? any info would be great guys,
    thanks !

+1
    Don't panic, when the cable breaks the oil pump goes to full "on". Sounds like your cable is broken or it's not hooked up to the carbs correctly.

TLR

that cable was just lying back there completely not attached. now that i figured out thats its not attached, i'm wondering if anybody knows how the cable is supposed to be adjusted ? since the end is threaded about an inch and a half, i'm wondering if it matters how much the cable should be threaded in?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Trace the cable around the cam, with a mirror, you will see a line on the cam and one on a stationary pin. Adjust your cable to align these marks perfectly at 3k idle.

just go premix. I didnt want to do it but once i did i felt much better going out and riding and it wasnt that big of a hassle to mix oil and gas, and if you have to go to a gas station on the eater just bring a quart of oil and remember the mixtures its reall easy once you do ita few times

Thread Information