Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Chrisrokc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,667

    Difference between 2004 and 2005-6 GPR

    What is the difference motor wise that give the 2005+ that extra 5 hp?


  2. #2
    Mr Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Macon Georgia
    Posts
    451
    No powervalves, and part of the exhaust is different. There may be more, but that is all I am sure of.

  3. #3
    Chrisrokc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill
    No powervalves, and part of the exhaust is different. There may be more, but that is all I am sure of.
    What are powervalves and can they be put in a 2004? Or is it worth it?

  4. #4
    subarupartsdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Norfolk,Va
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill
    No powervalves, and part of the exhaust is different. There may be more, but that is all I am sure of.
    What are powervalves and can they be put in a 2004? Or is it worth it?
    I might be wrong but the last I remember the 04's were the last year that had powervalves.

    Someone will chime in shortly to help you out.

  5. #5
    Chrisrokc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by subarupartsdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill
    No powervalves, and part of the exhaust is different. There may be more, but that is all I am sure of.
    What are powervalves and can they be put in a 2004? Or is it worth it?
    I might be wrong but the last I remember the 04's were the last year that had powervalves.

    Someone will chime in shortly to help you out.
    Ohhh, I see! Cool.

    I thought he was saying the 2004's didn't have them.

  6. #6
    Mr Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Macon Georgia
    Posts
    451
    No, I was saying 2005's and up do not have them.

  7. #7
    r33pwrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sammamish Washington
    Posts
    4,216
    +1
    360
    according to some they have diffrient heads (and they do look diffrient 04 vs. 05)

    Funny thing is riva & R&D do not know this??? I called both of them and they say they are the same yet they are diffrient Part #'s on both the head and gasket? Hope the 04 gasket is ok on my 05.

  8. #8
    Crash Test Dummy Smitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cullman, AL
    Posts
    1,280
    +1
    2

    What are powervalves and can they be put in a 2004? Or is it worth it?
    You wouldn't want to put the powervalves in even if you could; they were the cause of more engine failures than we can count.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. difference between 2004 RXP and 2005 rxp???
    By vincent vega in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 04:59 AM
  2. ride difference between RXT and RXP
    By tmc84 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 12:02 PM
  3. Differences Between 780 and 650/750 jugs
    By Rodneyae in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 11:11 PM
  4. the difference between men and women.........
    By RX951 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 08:48 AM
  5. Difference between Margarine and Butter
    By RX951 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 06:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •