Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GUYS I GOT A ISSUE

Ok Guys I decided to strip the deacals off of my 97 GP and its not working the way I thought it would, This has seriously been a complete NIGHTMARE I have tryed

1.Pressure Washer at tightest spray
    2 Raw Gas to try to rub them off
    3. Decal Remover
    4. Razor Blades(which works a little but i think is screwing the paint up)
    5. Blow Dryer

Guys Im really stressin here with less than 2 weeks before I head down to my beach house in Key west I HAVE GOT TO GET THESE DECALS OFF!!
    ** Does anyone possibly know anything else I can possibly try to take these nasty a$$ things off. PLEASE HELP

+1
    Try WD-40. Always works for me.

Good Luck.

i used a hair dryer to heat them up then used GOO GONE. can find it at walmart or any auto parts store. it worked great. just don't forget to put some wax on it after you get them off

+1

I did read that back when I thought I could do this Project Results= FAILURE None of these Ideas worked so im looking for others Anyone

DE-STICKERING A SKI

This is what I do. I do not use a blow drier. I use a heat gun. this gets much hotter. A heat gun would destroy your hair or curl it up tight in a split second. Hair drier wont do this.
    When heating start in 1 corner. Keep the gun moving. You can angle the gun towards the direction you wish to continue in. Use your finger nail to start peeling the sticker. Go easy with the heat. you can tell if the area is not hot enough because the sticker will only come up in little chunks aprox. 1/4 x 1/4. If this is the case the area needs more heat. Heat it a bit more and try again. keep applying more heat until you start getting big pieces. Heat a large area not a small one. After the sticked body has been removed, there will be the remaining adhesive. I use a little acitone. Proably spelled wrong. This can be purchased at the hardware store.
    use a white terry towl and the above mentioned. Then I wash the ski and use a light duty polishing compound and then another wash . then wax. I hope this works for you. This takes a little time this way but it always comes out perfect.

If you have a friend at a body shop ask him for his eraser. It is just like a pencil eraser but works on the end of a high speed grinder. If you don't know anybody at a body shop ask the local supply store for just the tip and you can use it in your drill. Also know as a stripping wheel. White in color and textured like an eraser.

Stripping wheel

The stripping wheel seems to work ok if you spin it up with a die grinder,but with a drill it seems to make more of a mess

Yea My Fiances (spelling) dad owns a Body Shop and I have used a eraser before on my truck once I actually thought about it for this! Also I heard about the Acetone Is it More effective than raw gas or and decal remover Just Wandering since I havent used it yet and i seen a one of you mentioning it?? Thanks Guys for ALL THESE RESPONSES

raw gas vs. acitone (spelling)

I am not shure which one is stronger. Gas seems to leave a nasty film-smell that I do NOT like to get on my buffing wheel. Personally speaking acitone would be my fav. It doesn't take too much elbow grease with acitone. I have tried denatured alcahol,either/starting fluid. acitone still my favorite.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information