need some help with the riva free flow kit

i need help with the riva free flow exhaust kit i just put on -- i have a 2007 gtx limited -- i did as the instruction sheet had said -- removed the baffle etc.... put the free flow pipe in as directed -- and it didn't fit very well had to do some stretching of the elbow rubber joint going out of the hull -- went out to ride today and once i went into a plane the exhaust warning sound came on -- so i turned around and just made it to the boat ramp and got it back on the trailer -- the ski was half full of water --the exhaust pipe came out of the rubber elbow ( and it was clamped on tight ) when i installed it i wasn't to happy with how bad it fit ( i should have listened to my gut ) is there a adapter that goes between the rubber elbow to the exhaust pipe ? or did i by some chance recieve the wrong one ? i called riva but i only get a recording -- and help would be great

well just got back in from flushing out the engine area and fogging it all due to salt water ( plus got the water out so i can see better ) it turns out the input hose from the stern to the greco filter for the intercooler came off-- the free flow exhaust pipe is still connected ( i still don't like how it fit ) so that better explains why the exhaust temp beeper was going off and why the ski filled up so fast -- goes to show always double check all your connections before putting your ski in the water

How did you like the sound, I was thinking about getting one.

Talking

I. Just installed the free flow on my p-x and it fit really tight also as long as you got the clamps tight you shouldn't have a problem as for the sound personally I like it not to loud but gives it some tone

the sound suprised me -- sounded good -- but it was a bit louder then norm. due to no water going through the waterbox to help muffle it --i think you will like it if you get it -- to early for me to really give a verdict -- i got to go back out and try again now that i have the "leak" fixed ( more like a fire hydrant when the interloop hose comes off )

+1
    That same thing with the IC hose happened to me. Except the line on my RXP split. I ingested water and luckily the engine is still running strong a year later. You better make sure no water is in your engine!

+1
    It sounds best at idle and low rpm. It sounds even better with no water flow. But not as good as a thru hull with a performance waterbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
    How did you like the sound, I was thinking about getting one.
    I just put one on my RXTX last weekend and i love the way it sounds. It totally kicks ass. For a relatively cheap and easy mod... ie. not having to swap out the waterbox, this free flow kicks ass!!! i 150% recommend it. Its not usper loud but lots more tone. compare it to putting a magnaflow on a v8 pickup

Be a Hero...Punch a Koala Kaotic's Avatar
    I love the way mine sounds. here's a video of it out of water.

Thread Information