Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's the break in procedure for FX High Output 4-stroke?

Hi All,

My aunt and uncle just bought one, and cannot find any info in the manual about break-in procedure? I did a search here, but didn't find an actual procedure.

Does anyone have a good document or a link to pass me? Please PM it to me if you would, not sure how much I will be on the Yammy forums.

Many thanks in advance! From me and my uncle!

Double check the manual as it is in there somewhere. We have a straight FX140 and it was a pretty short breakin period if I remember. It was something like under 3500 RPMs for 15 min, under 5000 for a while then under 7000 then opening it up. Overall it was only a couple hours. We did it all in one day if I remember. Alos, it requires an oil & filter change at 10 hours too.

It might be in an area talking about first rides vs break in. If you don;t find it, I can dig out our FX140 manual and shoot a copy of the page for it to you.

+1
    Welcome ashstott40

It's in section 3 of your operators manual...5 minutes at idle, 30 minutes @ 5000, then 1 hour at less than 8000. If you use the learning mode for the final 1 hour, you'll find it easier to maintain less than 8000rpms...and you'll still enjoy the ride. Here are a couple of pics of my new 50th Anniversary model next to my SS GPR...

ski

That's a nice gpr ray.

Ray, how do you like the anniversary model. It is the ski my wife wants to replace her '02 FX140. We have been waiting on our dealer to get one but it looks like they might not.

Mark

+1
    What's the top speed of that super cruiser? I need a nice comfy cruiser.

Thanks SPD - the GPR is definitely a fun ride...no more CC racing though now that I'm back in Okinawa...

Mark and Mark - love the color on the 50th An model. I haven't been able to complete the break in though cause of the terrible weather we have here. I like the adjustable handlebars - set them all the way up for standing and they are perfect for my height (5'11") and lower them for seated riding...most definitely the most comfortable ride on the water short of getting a boat...and the gas mileage is going to be great for touring around the island too.

Power and speed are adequate for riding on the normally choppy ocean. It's not as fast as an RXT or 15F, but I didn't buy it for the speed. I have an SS GPR for when I feel the need for speed/max performance...This FX is for cruising with the wife and 2 year old daughter on the back.

I don't know the top speed yet Mark - I will GPS mine once I finish the break in. From what I know though, it should be in the 58-60mph range. Not the fastest top speed, but from my years of experience riding in the ocean, this will not lose much top speed when it gets rough - unlike GPRs and STX-Rs (owned both)...The Riva RPM kit claims to get it up to 64mph...but I haven't read about actually getting 64 out of the kit yet...

enjoy,

Ray

+1
    I definately have a friend that is looking at them right now.

Thanks Ray. Sounds just like the ski my wife wants - can feel the wallet lightening

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information