1100 waveraider questions,

hi just got 1100 waveraider i am a regular on xh20 , first post here what is this carb update that some people talk about i have tried the search but no luck
    does any body know the hi and low carb settings
    sometimes it wont start, its a 95 low hours, greatshape , the prevouis owner installed k and n flame arrestors should jetting be increased

regular on the X ?? you closet coucher!! lol
    ok well it is this site's sister site so we will be nice

what year u got ??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cattledog View Post
    hi just got 1100 waveraider i am a regular on xh20 , first post here what is this carb update that some people talk about i have tried the search but no luck
    does any body know the hi and low carb settings
    sometimes it wont start, its a 95 low hours, greatshape , the prevouis owner installed k and n flame arrestors should jetting be increased

The update kit was out to help with the left turn syndrome that often occured with these skis. It was basically a kit that helped increase the fuel line pressure by decreasing your return line outlet on the carbs. It's easy to see if you have it by simply removing your return line from the #1 carb and look at the barb itself. If it's the size of a pin hole, you've got the update ...if it's a large opening and almost a 1/4 then you don't have it. If you don't ...it's ok and can just purchase an in-line fuel restirctor with a main jet installed to get your fuel pressure up.

Carb settings should be lows abour 1.5 turns out and highs start at 2.0 turns out and then work your way in. Don't try tunning without a good tach that is aftermarket and updates. Tiny tach commerical and or Pet 2100DX

Usually you only need to lower your pop-off pressure when adding those and turning your high speed needles out a tad. Stock the Raider has around 55 psi for pop-off pressure if I recall correctly. You may....key works MAY need to lower it if you experience any poor operating situations.

M

hey thanks mike, you helped me big time on pwc today about my b1 blaster and now this great info thanks, even thou i am a standup rider this waveraider is really cool and of course a yamaha which always has good quality parts, its a fun jet ski

+1
    Np...that's the best part of the sport....dodge the dealers. Your right...the Raiders/Blasters are a fun group of skis.....sorta like ol 60's muscle cars!

M

i have a 145 main jet can i use it in the return line at tank, i am in fla on vacation i have one in my tool box

Thread Information