question for the NJ ski brothers

We love to ride the marsh areas, what a hoot to skim up thru there, lots of marsh bird to see, some that I have only seen in books. its a blast to explore. Now to my question, is it legal? I mean we never touch the shore and stay in the middle, never do we distroy nesting or the bogs. I've read the recent law about PWC staying 200 ft away from shore would certainly answer my question, (if it did become a law) Sooooo clue me in, did we have to stop? thanks guys

Where are the marshes? I've heard a bit about them but have never been there. would love to go there sometime and explore it. Some question, is it a large area that zig zags back and forth for miles? Is it easy to get lost in them? Is it the kind of area that I can go to by myself (it's hard to get lost on the Hudson River) or does one need a GPS to find ones way around? I would love any and all information that you could give me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skooter525 View Post
    We love to ride the marsh areas, what a hoot to skim up thru there, lots of marsh bird to see, some that I have only seen in books. its a blast to explore. Now to my question, is it legal? I mean we never touch the shore and stay in the middle, never do we distroy nesting or the bogs. I've read the recent law about PWC staying 200 ft away from shore would certainly answer my question, (if it did become a law) Sooooo clue me in, did we have to stop? thanks guys

Without glancing into the regs, it isnt legal, you are operating to close to shore. Marshes can also be under some environmental regs too, so chances are there additional regs in place to protect them.

They do sound like fun, but i would be too nervous some other dipshit like me would be coming the other way and make for a really really bad day.

Thread Information