Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Unhappy massavis Prop Spin

    This problem only started this weekend. My bike has a massive prop spin from 3200-5000 RPM just to get on plain i have to hit limiter and wait a bit for it to hock up once hocked am good but drop below 3400 and it's slipping again. I pulled the pump out ring is good prop is good what else? The ring to the prop is so tight could not get a piece of paper push between the prop and ring.


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by k-man-kid View Post
    This problem only started this weekend. My bike has a massive prop spin from 3200-5000 RPM just to get on plain i have to hit limiter and wait a bit for it to hock up once hocked am good but drop below 3400 and it's slipping again. I pulled the pump out ring is good prop is good what else? The ring to the prop is so tight could not get a piece of paper push between the prop and ring.
    Check and see if your carbon ring is flush on the metal ring on your drive shaft... If there's ANY pressure on that boot it will cavitate..

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Check and see if your carbon ring is flush on the metal ring on your drive shaft... If there's ANY pressure on that boot it will cavitate..

    Do you mean the ring that holds the C-Clip in?

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237

  5. #5
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Check the pump seal. (rubber seal between the pump and pump shoe)

  6. #6
    Well i put the pump out my RXP in the Bike and it runs great!!!!! what gives? and the ring in this thing got some ware in it.... so could it be my prop got damaged some how like a fish or somthing LOL idont know and it is out of pitch? i also checked the pump seal it is in good shape .

  7. #7
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Your wear ring could be causing cavitation since it's worn. yes, it's also possible your impeller is damaged.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by k-man-kid View Post
    Well i put the pump out my RXP in the Bike and it runs great!!!!! what gives? and the ring in this thing got some ware in it.... so could it be my prop got damaged some how like a fish or somthing LOL idont know and it is out of pitch? i also checked the pump seal it is in good shape .

    sorry guys what i was tryin to say is that i used the pump out of my RXP and put it in my GTX and it Ran Great no more prop spin. so i was asking could it be the prop that is giving me the problem?

  9. #9
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Sounds like a bad carbon seal to me!

  10. #10
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by k-man-kid View Post
    sorry guys what i was tryin to say is that i used the pump out of my RXP and put it in my GTX and it Ran Great no more prop spin. so i was asking could it be the prop that is giving me the problem?
    Yes, if you put in another pump and it fixed the problem.then, your problem is in your pump.. Check pitch and clearance on prop..check wear ring for heavy wear and replace seal Jerry told you about if it's worn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. prop spin on take off..plz help
    By al_osman in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 04:47 PM
  2. Prop Spin???
    By Ramps in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 08:44 AM
  3. prop spins out of the hole,help!
    By jamiej in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 09:54 AM
  4. Prop Spin/Cavitation Issues Resolved.
    By ba6636 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 06:40 PM
  5. Prop Spin??
    By Ramps in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •