Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FZS Wave Jumping

Hi everyone,

From any veteran yamaha riders or anyone with insight on the new FZS. Is there any issues with wave jumping in terms of damaging the ski or reducing its lifespan. I want to keep this ski in the best condition from day one and will maintain it very carefully. I don't want any cracks or hull blemishes let alone major stress damage. Please let me know what you thoughts are on this ski for jumping or the hull strength of yamaha in general.

It will not be ridden in the ocean, just bigger lakes, jumping waves or boat wakes.

Thanks

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by firefitness26 View Post
    Hi everyone,

From any veteran yamaha riders or anyone with insight on the new FZS. Is there any issues with wave jumping in terms of damaging the ski or reducing its lifespan. I want to keep this ski in the best condition from day one and will maintain it very carefully. I don't want any cracks or hull blemishes let alone major stress damage. Please let me know what you thoughts are on this ski for jumping or the hull strength of yamaha in general.

It will not be ridden in the ocean, just bigger lakes, jumping waves or boat wakes.

Thanks
    I'm used to jumping ocean waves and 'big boat' wakes.....u shouldn't have any problem with lake waves or 'lake traffic'......unless ur in the Great Lakes

Trim up....time the wave peak....holeshot that bad boy and hold on....

the trick is that with big air...u want a nice 'vertical' landing.....you dont want to land the ski horizontal...which is the equivalent of a belly-flop off of a diving board . I caught a really nice wave that launched my SHO hiiiiiiiiigh........I came down completely vertical and buried my cruise-ship up to the handlebars. This was followed by yells of woo-hoo and high-fives.

Only problem was ....when I hit reverse...I went forward! I asked my buddy Chris to check the rear of the ski and the reverse bucket. He tells me that i dont have a reverse bucket!!! Fack!!!!!!!!!

Apparently i submerged the ski far enough to take more than a glancing blow at the bucket and completely ripped it off my ski..... I dont recommend this...

The point is......wavejumping can be risky.....start slow and get a feel for not only your ski but your comfort level as well. No WOT 65+mph runs into the biggest wake you can find...start slowly and work yourself up to bigger waves and bigger air. You have a big boat......takes a little work to get it launched.....but lots of grins when you get the hang of it......gl!!

Dont forget the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	593781-R1-006-1A_003.jpg 
Views:	427 
Size:	918.2 KB 
ID:	127431   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	593781-R1-018-7A_009.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	127432  

WAVES

Quote Originally Posted by rip'ntear sho View Post
    i'm used to jumping ocean waves and 'big boat' wakes.....u shouldn't have any problem with lake waves or 'lake traffic'......unless ur in the great lakes

trim up....time the wave peak....holeshot that bad boy and hold on....

The trick is that with big air...u want a nice 'vertical' landing.....you dont want to land the ski horizontal...which is the equivalent of a belly-flop off of a diving board . I caught a really nice wave that launched my sho hiiiiiiiiigh........i came down completely vertical and buried my cruise-ship up to the handlebars. This was followed by yells of woo-hoo and high-fives.

Only problem was ....when i hit reverse...i went forward! I asked my buddy chris to check the rear of the ski and the reverse bucket. He tells me that i dont have a reverse bucket!!! Fack!!!!!!!!!

Apparently i submerged the ski far enough to take more than a glancing blow at the bucket and completely ripped it off my ski..... I dont recommend this...

The point is......wavejumping can be risky.....start slow and get a feel for not only your ski but your comfort level as well. No wot 65+mph runs into the biggest wake you can find...start slowly and work yourself up to bigger waves and bigger air. You have a big boat......takes a little work to get it launched.....but lots of grins when you get the hang of it......gl!!

Dont forget the pics=d>
    +1 just like rip says you need to point the noise up and tail land. Check my album out on my profile.

+1
    sweet pix

+1
    rip that 1st pic is funny as hell dude... i cant believe you got that thing to launch like that!

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    rip that 1st pic is funny as hell dude... i cant believe you got that thing to launch like that!
    yeah....I'm stupid like that....

+1
    Rip those pics are funny. Our damn skis are so big they make you look like a dwarf! lol

Nice pics! Its good to have a buddy with you when doing that kind of jumping, even if he is just there to witness and take pictures. I hadn't thought about losing the reverse bucket though. Didn't have to worry about that with the old SS though. LOL I need to bring my ski next time I go to cocoa. We don't get those waves unless there is a storm somewhere in the Gulf - but who would go out in a storm

whats wrong with Great Lakes Rip Landing on the top of another wave is fun

Landing correctly is the most important thing, and how you take off and wave selection will determine your angle. With boat wake jumping you wont have much to worry about though.

Make sure you dont have anything in the ski also

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information